New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delta in Austin
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well it appears the counter staff at check in in Austin and the Staff at the gate have there heads collectively up there arses. as i was getting my ticket and checking in my baggage an older woman 70's at least rushed to the counter and asked where she had to go to get a visa for SA. the gate staff had refused her to let her board the flight she had a ticket for. flight because she did not have a visa. I spoke up when the counter staff said ( I don't know where you get a visa) told them she did not need one for SA that they where available in JoBerg. then another agent walked by hear what I had said and told the staff i was right she should have been allowed to board. She missed her flight and had no idea when she was going to be able to get another flight. she required a wheelchair. and was assisted back to another area to try to get a flight. ALL FLIGHTS WHERE OVER BOOKED
When I got to my gate one agent demanded I check in a shipping tube with paintings in it ( normal round tube. I complied and then noticed 3 other passengers with same size shipping tubes boarding. all where carrying exactly same number of pieces of carry on as I was. why was I picked out ? who knows. gate agent was adiment that my shipping tube would be hand carried to the plane and loaded. WELL THAT DID NOT HAPPEN I GOT TO JoBerg AND WAS MEET AT THE PLANE BY STAFF TELLING MY LUGGAGE DID NOT GET ON THE PLANE. the back section of the plane was less than half full and the staff was requesting passengers check there carryon's up to the last min before they closed the door. they kept saying the plane was fully loaded?? and storage was to limited to hold all the carry on's a full flight.It appears the saying Don't Expect Laggage To Arrive still stands true

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
DELTA= DELAY EVERY LAST TIME ALWAYS.....their stupidity is exceeded only by their partner, Air France.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13170 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nah

They just hate my buddy Hook.

I have never had a problem with Delta, and love Austin-Bergstrom.

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You seem to be quite the obnoxious bloke, taking up for old ladies in wheelchairs and all, so you deserve what you get.

Airlines. Shame we can't go back to boats.

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Delta check in agents can be stupid often and their computerized system for international travel is terrible. Its the worst of check the box - would make a government/custom agent in Zim proud.

If you buy a one way ticket to HK as a US citizen they will not let you board the plane. This has been the case when you are flying first leg domestic and then transfer to international flight. Their check is system is simply broken - it reads a requirement that US citizen has to have a travel exit out of HK. HK gives visa to nearly anybody and every country. I have been forced to buy a return ticket that an agent told me was cancelable to get on plane to HK. Find out it is a non refundable ticket but was able to get a delta agent to final refund me the money.

Delta is simply terrible and I have 1/2 mil. miles of this crappy airline.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
(One added note) the delta people said the flight was over book and 100% full.BUT once we were in the air the back third of the plane was only 35 to 40% full many empty seats. so why the big push for everyone to check luggage.. on a good note the lost itum did get to me thanks to swissport. and with only minor damage!!!!!!!!! yep delta managed to crush the shipping tube. Luckily the 500 dollar painting inside the tube was not creased so it will be OK.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote