Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe September 1 - 12
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted
Hi All,

Heading to Zimbabwe with my dad. Leaving from NJ on August 28th and returning September 14th. Will be with Danny Friend of Nengasha Safaris at Ray's suggestion. Main game is a couple of Buffalo. PG list of "would likes" includes Kudu, Impala, Waterbuck and Wildebeest. I was thinking of adding a Zebra but we'll see.

Just sent my payment to Shawn at Gracy Travel.

Reading all that I can from my friends here on AR and have gotten plenty of advice from same via email and PM.

Thanks and this is pretty exciting. World of Merlin Perkins (about all I was allowed to watch on TV growing up) here we come!!!

Paul

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Paul, will you be going through Washington Dulles? If so, we can swap lies in the waiting area. I'm leaving for Zim from Dulles on August 28 returning on Sept 12.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oday450:
Paul, will you be going through Washington Dulles? If so, we can swap lies in the waiting area. I'm leaving for Zim from Dulles on August 28 returning on Sept 12.

Sorry but flying out of Newark to Frankfurt. Good luck and maybe we'll meet up on the other side.

paul

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good on both of you!! You will never be the same after hunting Africa.

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Watched a few Africa videos with my dad yesterday - womenfolk were banished to my sister's house with the kids.
Roll Eyes
Just booked our insurance and added "Cancel for any reason" and a few other things. clap

Called my dad and told him and he replied "I am getting really excited!" beer

Now we gotta get some more lead in the air in the coming weeks and months BOOM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get the Zebra!! Nothing compares to a good Zebra area rug, except, maybe Elephant tusks framing the door of your trophy room.
That is my only regret, and one I hope to rectify in the next eighteen months on my return trip.

Rich
Buff Killer
Africa Addict

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow it's 220 days and a wake up - but who is counting! dancing

Going to Cabela's tomorrow to pick up a few thing for The trip (and to avoid the DC area for the day.)

I agree - get the zebra. It was one of the most challenging PG animals for me last year. And, a big herd stallion with a good mane is impressive and a rug sets off a den or trophy room either on the floor or on a wall.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more a Zebra rug is something I'd like to have.