Find
Notify
Tools

Quick SAPS 520 Questions
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted
I am flying into Durban via Dubaiin a few weeks...it is still OK to hand carry your SAPS 520 form with you and complete the required permitting at the airport SAPS office? Just double checking before I am surprised upon arrival.
Thank you.

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1212 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
It was in 2010.

IIRC, there is no requirement for preapproval, but it does expedite things.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
I did this very thing last June. There were no issues and it only took about 20 minutes for a supervisor to review the forms and approve them. Make sure you have everything including a 4457 and letter of invitation from your outfitter.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
And all the permissions necessary for transit through Dubai???

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good point Judge

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
Thank you all, yes and proper paperwork through Dubai as well. I have about three weeks and they are asking for 3 days prior to departure. So today i collected my 4457 and now can forward on the paperwork to Emirates Securtity.

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1212 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote