THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Another Kudos: Steve Turner!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Kudos: Steve Turner!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Staley Keck
posted
I would like to thank Steve and Travels With Guns for helping us get a great deal on our trip to Namibia next July. He was able to locate, by far the best price for us, quick responses to emails and also is working up an Etosha trip for us as well.
Thanks Steve, we'll see you in Dallas!

Posts: 79 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
I'll say it again:Steve ie the MAN.

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will say that Steve has been first rate with all my travel arrangements.Works hard to offer several options and the best rates possible.Will use him again this coming year.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I missed my connecting flight to Tanzania a few years back. I called Steve before I left George Bush and He gave me step by step instructions on what to do once I landed at Schipol, Amsterdam. There were no gun storage facilities in the airport. The business class office was the only KLM office open. I was sure glad I was flying B.C. They helped me gather up my check luggage and rifles and stored them in their back office area. They could not issue any kind of baggage claim tickets. I only had their names. Two days later I showed up, checked in, and had the front desk call and confirm that all my baggage was loaded.

Thank You again Steve Turner.

Posts: 1790 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boabab
posted Hide Post
Could some one please give me Steves contact email please.
I would want to ask his help with clients in future.
thanks Margie

Baobab Game Ranch/Caracal Safaris
www.baobab-safaris-namibia.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 30 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:
thanks Margie

Steve Turner
Travel With Guns
210-858-9833
steve@travelwithguns.com

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sherrill Philip Neese
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I am supposed to ask this, but here goes...

I've used Gracy Travel for my last trip. They were alright. How does Steve's organization compare to them? Which would you choose?

When you all say Travel With Guns got you good rates? As compared to what and for what?

I am not trying to cause any controversy or trouble. These are sincere questions. Next year, I am going to RSA without a gun. However, in 2013 we will be going to Namibia and I will be taking a rifle. And the year after that, I am dreaming of going to Mozambique. I am definitely looking for a way to ensure that Murphy doesn't strike. Thanks!

DSC, DU, MBS, NRA, QDMA, RGS, RMEF, SCI

"Sherrill. Why do you belong to so many organizations?"
"Well... I have this thing for banquets."

Posts: 115 | Location: Millersville, MD | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sherrill Philip Neese:
...I've used Gracy Travel for my last trip. They were alright. How does Steve's organization compare to them? Which would you choose?

I've used Gracy for 3 of my trips and have recommended them to others in the past. I used Steve for my trip to Zambia earlier this year and was very pleased with the service I received and the cost. I'm not saying I won't use Gracy again but at this point I see no reason to use anyone other than Steve.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used Travel With Guns for my last visit as well and couldn't be happier. I will refer all clients looking for this type of service.

Jim Koustas

Niassaland Safaris
Hunt Logic
www.huntlogic.com

E-mail:jim@huntlogic.com

Posts: 71 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 12 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have only been once, to Zim, and Gracy's service was outstanding. The meet and greet service in Joburg with them getting me on the flight to Harare the next day bypassing lines of over a hundred people alone was worth their fees. Does Steve provide the same services?

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 482 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Staley Keck
posted Hide Post
Here is what I'm gauging Steve on compared to other travel agents.
1. His ability to work with my request, "traveling through Frankfurt to avoid JNB altogether", he got that done the first time, the other travel agents I had visited with wanted to push the JNB route more than Frankfurt direct to WDH.
2. Next was his quick responses to any question I had, often within a few minutes or at the least a few hours. When booking arrangements were made I talked directly to Steve one on one.
3. Finally the cost was about 750.00 per ticket cheaper than the same flight via JNB and about 1750.00 per ticket cheaper than the same flight via Frankfurt direct that the other travel agents were quoting. Maybe he got lucky finding a special just going on that day; but, he found it quoted to me and the other agents didn't, thats who I want on my team. So I hope this provided a little more explanation of why I used TWG's, the way I look at it saved me enough for a few extra trophy fews this July!

Posts: 79 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sherrill Philip Neese
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the responses. This is good information to consider.

Sherrill

DSC, DU, MBS, NRA, QDMA, RGS, RMEF, SCI

"Sherrill. Why do you belong to so many organizations?"
"Well... I have this thing for banquets."

Posts: 115 | Location: Millersville, MD | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boabab
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.

When you have seen the sun rise and the sun set over the Afican Bush,the drums beat and the night fires. The you fee AFRICA!

quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:
Originally posted by Margaret:
thanks Margie

Steve Turner
Travel With Guns
210-858-9833
steve@travelwithguns.com

Baobab Game Ranch/Caracal Safaris
www.baobab-safaris-namibia.com

Posts: 113 | Location: Namibia | Registered: 30 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Another plug for Steve Turner and Susan of Travelwithguns.

In addition to providing me with the best prices and several alternatives when I requested quotes initially, they promptly responded to my request for a change sent to them via Sat Phone text while in remote Khaudum, Namibia.

All was set as requested despite the cryptic nature of the messages I was sending at odd hours of the night on the weekend.

Thanks Steve and Susan.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Indeed, Steve is tops too.

He arranged a flawless trip for me just last month.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Steve IS the man! He did an excellent job for my son and I last summer on our safari to Zim. If/when I ever get to go again, Steve will be the 1st person contacted, after the outfitter.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Steve is a good man!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've used Gracy Travel for my last trip. They were alright. How does Steve's organization compare to them? Which would you choose?

I called Gracy Travel to ask some questions about a flight to SA. Yes, they were probably dumb questions, but I was a first time traveler there.
They acted almost put out answering them. I was not impressed at all. But, that is only MY opinion.

I called Steve Turner and he answered all my questions and I was impressed. After booking my travel arrangments, my flight went smoothly. His rep was there and did everything they said they would. Also, I decided to extend 3 days to try for an Eland. I called Steve and he immediately changed my flight and was able to harvest and eland on the last day!!!

Top notch, and I'll be using him again!!!

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote