New
Find
Notify
Tools

A New Design Armrest
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 67040 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Will it work?

It's better than what we have now in a lot of ways. For my 40 domestic flights a year, actually yeah. I'd like to not have to fight for elbow room when I'm typing.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2314 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
It just might. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The lawyers will never let it happen. On some given rough turbulence or hard landing situation that armrest is going to skewer someone. While we lawyers espouse that we help society, in reality, the plaintiff's bar discourages innovation and, well, momma said if you can't say anything kind, don't say anything at all. So I won't.

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Nice idea, but no. It's all about petty dominance with most of the idiots that hog the rest. Plus some of their arms are so fat, you couldn't get yours under or over theirs if you tried.

Same people that race off the plane, then zig-zag waddle up the ramp and hold everyone up.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
surely you are not implying that Americans are getting fat! clap

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13170 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

I am afraid it is not just the Americans that are getting fat.

It has become a worldwide sickness!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67040 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Getting" fat? Been that way for a while. The only reason someone would have put this idea forward is so the airlines can squeeze the seats even closer together.

Have you noticed in First Class (US domestic First Class - which doesn't equal business class overseas) they have shaved several inches off the back rests? Now there is a gap of around 4-6 inches between the side by side seat's back rest. I'm sure all to shave pounds off the seats and save gas ($$$). End result for the customer is even less privacy - the people behind you can watch your movie on your laptop...

Dave

Posts: 920 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

I am afraid it is not just the Americans that are getting fat.

It has become a worldwide sickness!

for sure that is true in first world countries. but i don't think i have ever seen an obese person in bush Africa. in the towns, yes- in the remote villages, never.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13170 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote