THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    If You Use WIFI On Your Flight, Be VERY Careful!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If You Use WIFI On Your Flight, Be VERY Careful!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I go on Safari to avoid having to deal with the office, emails, files and texts. I figure that either someone at the office can deal with the issue, or it can wait. I've had too many vacations ruined by so called "emergencies" that turn out to be nothing that someone else could have handled in my absence. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
thank God i have never felt the need to take home/business problems with me on vacation...

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I use my sat phone to speak to my family, never for anything to do with business.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Same as Saeed. Only the Sat Phone and only for family. tu2

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Well, my sat phone bill came to the grand total of $209.

That is for the whole safari, and me talking to my family every day.

Walter's by comparison, was $820!!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
I go on Safari to avoid having to deal with the office, emails, files and texts. I figure that either someone at the office can deal with the issue, or it can wait. I've had too many vacations ruined by so called "emergencies" that turn out to be nothing that someone else could have handled in my absence. Big Grin

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Well, my sat phone bill came to the grand total of $209.

That is for the whole safari, and me talking to my family every day.

Walter's by comparison, was $820!!

Oh, how I feel for those call recipients.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:

The world's cemeteries are filled with indispensable people.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My firm administrator wanted me to take one of our sat phones on my last safari. I told him there was no way that was going to happen. When I go on a hunt, one of the principal purposes is to leave the office behind. If they had a way of getting ahold of me, they would. My way, they just can't.

The world seems to keep on spinning in my absence.

Posts: 10008 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote