New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delta Skymiles....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody know if I can transfer Delta Miles to a North West account?

I have Delta miles I don't need, and need them on NW.

Trying to get a Delta agent to understand what I want to do is a joke.

Thanks

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
I think that NW is a partner with Delta. (Isn't Delta buying them out?) I just got back from Zim and went NW and KLM. I earned Delta Skymiles for the trip.

Jeff

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Nor sure if that's do-able right now. Should be to do a consolidation after the merger though.

I tied to move Alaska mile to NWA a while back. Was told by both companies that it was not possible. I could use my Alaska miles to get a ticket on NWA, but couldn't combine them.

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have found that in most cases, with myself anyway, that skymiles are the greatest form of currency there is..........as long as you dont want to ever use them rotflmo jumping

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
Reserve World Champion Bareback Rider
PRCA Million Dollar Club
02' Salt Lake Olympic Qualifier
and an all around good guy!

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
This is what you do...

Call Delta and tell them you need to fly to such and such a place and use your Sky Miles. If Delta doesn't fly there and Northwest does, they'll put you on a Northwest flight if they have seats available for Sky Miles redemtion.

I use Delta Sky Miles for round trip tickets to Reno in 2006 for myself and my wife. This fall, I'm using Delta Sky Miles to get to and from Alaska via Northwest Airlines and Alaska Airlines.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stubbleduck47
posted Hide Post
About two months ago I used Delta miles for two busines class tickets from Minneapolis to Osaka and back. Did the scheduling through Delta about nine months ago so availability wasn't too big an issue.

Posts: 911 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are killing me! How in the world do you get to use your Delta Sky miles to get tickets. I have used two travel agents to try and get me tickets booking a year in advance and neither have been able to get me tickets using my miles. What am I missing?????

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
using travel agents to arrange frequent flier tickets might actually be your problem. the amount they charge is probably reasonable but why bother? every year for the past 10 years i have arranged my own over the phone direct with Delta or Am Airlines. the key to success is to be flexible with your travel dates. all of my flights have been either first or business class and include 8 trips to Africa, 2 to Costa Rica and 1 to New Caledonia.usually took about 30 minutes to an hour of my time. research what partner airlines serve your destination via unusual routings. trip might take an extra 8-12 hours in total round trip flight time but so what( especially if flying first/business). i generally put a hold on a reservation( good for 14 days at no cost), THEN work out dates with the outfitter for the hunt. it sounds backward but believe me it works.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
quote:
How in the world do you get to use your Delta Sky miles to get tickets.

One time I wrote them a scorching letter after having no luck in getting a reservation. Several weeks later whilst hiking on a mountain in Kauai, HI I received a call from Delta saying they had found a flight for me.

Don't ever use a travel agent in trying to use your Sky Miles. Also, you may have to make some compromises as far as the route of your flight and the time you leave and return.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote