THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    plastic wrap facility departing JNB?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

plastic wrap facility departing JNB?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there a place at JNB where I can plastic wrap my bags before checking them in?

Thanks!

Posts: 42 | Location: The Glorious Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago I saw people plastic wrapping their luggage in the airport. The only negative is one time I had to open my baggage during check in so they could check everything.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Yes there is.

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
As I recall, it's not too expensive. I've also seen it at the airport in Windhoek as well.

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
They had one in Harare last year when I was there. If memory serves me correctly, the charge was $10 for a duffel bag.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2314 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes they do. I was there at the beginning of May.

Posts: 80 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 28 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from Jo berg on Firday morning early. Yes there was a shrink wrap vendor in Jo berg. We left Vic falls at one point in the trip to go to Hwange for a few days and the charter out fit kept the extra bags after they were shrink wrapped. The charge was $5.oo US. I thought it was a good deal for peace of mind. Make sure you will not need to get back in them before arrival at your destination.

Posts: 71 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gday Gents. Please excuse my ignorance as I havent travelled for quite a while, but why do you get your luggage shrink wrapped? Is it for security reasons? Im interested as I will be hunting in zimbabwe and namibia this year.

Posts: 62 | Location: Crows Nest QLD. Australia | Registered: 22 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
It's a deterrent to the thieves in the baggage hall and aircraft holds etc........ admittedly not much of one but any deterrent is better than nothing huh!

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Since the airport thieves can easily split the zipper on your locked luggage with a simple pen in just a few seconds, take out what they want, "re-zip" your luggage and go their merry way with your valuables, any deterrent like the shrink wrap around your luggage is useful. Do I understand that there is shrink wrap availability in Vic Falls?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do I understand that there is shrink wrap availability in Vic Falls?[/QUOTE]

Yes that is correct. There was shrink wrap available in Vic Falls.

Posts: 71 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote