THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Electrical plugs for Tanzania

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electrical plugs for Tanzania
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted
Can anyone give me info or a picture of what the plugs look like in Tanzania ? Needed to recharge batteries and so on ? Thanx

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
buy yourself one of the little adapters from radio shack for about $35, and/or take a 12v charger and do it from the truck when you're driving around

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KUDUBULL
posted Hide Post
I have always found that the car adapter works best. But Radio shack or any other electonics store should have the adapters for whatever region you are travelling too. Good Luck!

Ray Matthews
Matthews Outdoor Adventures
2808 Bainbridge Trail
Mansfield, Texas 76063

Posts: 321 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
Look Here

230 vAC, 50 hZ

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fredrick,

The cigarette lighter adapter is what we have found works best. One battery can always be charging as you are riding in the cruiser.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12875 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall a warning about charging batteries from an inverter? I'll be darned if I can remember where I saw it though.

Anyone have any info on this?

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If your electronics are fairly modern,,,, look at the plug, it will say something like 250-110 voltz,,, 50-60 hertz,,, if it does, all you need is the plug adaptor that will fit the African plugs and not the power reducer, the problem is their power supply,,, power surges and generators can be heck on electronics.The cigarette recharger is a good idea because it is at most 12 volts which is what the chargers reduce the electricity down to. I keep cigarette lighter chargers in my day pack for my phone and video equipement and cameras. I keep something charging the entire time I am in the cruiser. If you take a surge protector or power strip with you, it must say 250-110 voltz and 50-60 hertz or you will see smoke! drwes

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grow a beard. Take film cameras. Lithium batteries were a quantum change for me. I know, I'm an old man, but haven't earned mzee.

Posts: 10036 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JPenn
posted Hide Post
You guys notice where Frederik lives? There are no Radio Shack stores in South Africa

SIC TRANSIT GLORIA MUNDI

Posts: 226 | Location: Texas | Registered: 11 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Radio Shack will have what you need. Get the pack with the three adapters and I used the same ones Bigasanelk reccommends. 230/50hz. I had no problems.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Grow a beard. Take film cameras. Lithium batteries were a quantum change for me. I know, I'm an old man, but haven't earned mzee.

Take less stuff. My next trip will consist of one small carry on duffle bag and my gun case.

Posts: 10194 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
The one Bigasanelk linked to is the right one.

I used one just like it on my last trip.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13397 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote