THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Trouble with Delta 777 nonstop??
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trouble with Delta 777 nonstop??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
if ATL is your final destination, where are you checking your bags to?

You check it through to the main baggage claim area. No kidding, if Atlanta is your final destination (and it is mine) you have to claim your baggage twice. You also have to go through security again even if it is your final destination.

I understand the need to clear customs in Atlanta and if you are continuing on you must re-check but it was much simpler when international flights arrived at the T concourse. Once you claimed and cleared all you did was walk out of the T concourse area and you either left or were right there in the main terminal if you needed to continue on.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have heard some better news from travelers on the Delta non stop. Anyone else just returning have an opinion? Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of ChetNC
posted Hide Post
Went out on #200 7/11 and back on #201 Saturday. Flight was full both ways. Everything was on time with regards to this flight (my outgoing CLT/ATL connection was late).

Flight was as comfortable as a 16 hour coach flight can be. Service was fine. Seats were a bit hard so I'll bring a cushion next time. Sounds stupid but 16 hours gives you a lot of time to ponder the condition of your butt.

Zipper was busted on a bag going outbound but nothing was missing and zipper was fixable. Bags were opened by TSA on the return but again, no issues.

I'll fly this flight when I go next time as well. Simply and the timing of the o/b eliminated jet lag for me (in my opinion).

ChetNC

Posts: 348 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Left Atlanta July 16 and returned July 29... flights were full and on-time each way. Experienced no problems.

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote