Find
Notify
Tools

Use of Airline Miles
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted
Probably a dumb question, so please excuse me, but these damned milage programs confuse the hell out of me.

And getting a straight answer is about the hardest thing of all.

I am in a situation where I have enough miles to book one ticket out of the two I will need for an upcoming overseas trip.

Can I book flights for two passengers on the same flight, using miles for one, and paying cash for the other, and still manage (somehow) to get the seats next to each other?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
I did what you want 2 years ago.That was with Delta. Actually had miles for three and paid for one.

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess it depends on the airline but I booked two tickets with my miles. (Delta)
What I Learned is get any flight you can even if its not on the exact days you want to travel.
Once you get a ticket issued. then you just keep checking and get it changed.
I did not believe it but it worked like a charm.
I got 2 Business Class tickets.
You can also transfer points from a friends account into your and get their tickets
good luck

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM Sent

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9372 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrlexma:
Probably a dumb question, so please excuse me, but these damned milage programs confuse the hell out of me.

And getting a straight answer is about the hardest thing of all.

I am in a situation where I have enough miles to book one ticket out of the two I will need for an upcoming overseas trip.

Can I book flights for two passengers on the same flight, using miles for one, and paying cash for the other, and still manage (somehow) to get the seats next to each other?

I did call the airline, You also may be able to buy two upgradable coach tickets and use miles to upgrade to business.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

The answer to your questions is ye. It might be easiest to just let Gracy or Kathi handle it all for you. That's what I did last time and it was the most involved arrangement ever.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
I had no problem doing it for our trip back in September.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
seat assignments have nothing to do with how the ticket is paid for,as long as both tickets are the same class. if 2 seats are available next to each other at the time of booking, they are yours. i have done exactly this on several occasions without a problem. i always do my own booking for freq. flyer tickets direct with the airline. i am too cheap to pay a travel agent $2-300 to do what i can do in about 30 minutes on the phone.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice on this. I am all set.

It is possible to do this, although, as with everything involving an airline these days, it isn't easy.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote