THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Better Start Loosing Weight!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Start Loosing Weight!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68779 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Would like to see it on all carriers after being on the receiving end of uncontrolled fatty tissue spreading accross the armrest like in "The Blob".

Posts: 1339 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
At least they'll get two meals!

animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dunno guys.

I have an uncle who is well north of 300#. He decided that he had to fly to NYC. He knew just how comfortable economy class seats are on our airlines, and brought 2 adjoining tickets. He arrives at the airport, and takes his 2 seats. After about 30 minutes, the stewardesses come up to him and tell him he needs to get out of the second seat. He shows them the tickets, which were brought from the airlines, not a budget deal like expedia. They tell him they oversold, so tough luck.

The new depositee had the utter gall to complain to him and to the stewardesses about his "taking part of my seat" (this guy was admittedly on standby)

The airline refused to reimburse him for the ticket price. They said that he got where he was going, its not their responsibility.

While I'm no lightweight, and fit in my spot, it is tight. I am sick of getting my seat back kicked by unruly children, and the person in front deciding to lean back, so I cannot even read. Its partially people having no consideration for others (like the stinky feet/no shoes issue) but its also the fact that the airlines have decided that they are going to maximize profits by running a mass transit operation.

I would dearly love to see air travel go back to the days when it was a luxury, and the service befitting that. If that means that the average ticket price doubled or tripled, so what. I would travel by air more, because as it is, I can't stand it now with the lowest common denominator predominating.

Posts: 11028 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is really going to hit all moon those overweight african PH's hard

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

I would dearly love to see air travel go back to the days when it was a luxury, and the service befitting that. If that means that the average ticket price doubled or tripled, so what. I would travel by air more, because as it is, I can't stand it now with the lowest common denominator predominating.

Showing my age, but I remember when men wore coats and ties to fly, even in coach, and women wore their best dresses.

Posts: 69 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: 02 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not Fat!... Just Fluffy!! Smiler Smiler

MopaneMike

Posts: 1112 | Location: Southern California USA | Registered: 21 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I once sat next to a guy who was severely obese. I was in first class. This guy was so big that his fat hung over the divider and onto me. I was staying as close to the wall as I could and he was still touching me. It was most uncomfortable.

I can't imagine sitting next to this guy in coach.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
crbutler
I would have merely back charged my credit card, and/or required another ticket(duo) to my next destination. Iw would have been " paid for two, indivisable, and paid the extra fee. that YOUR company CHOSE to break our agreement is beyound my control. The financial compensation, fortunately, isn't. "

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39691 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are too fat to sit in the seat(s) your bought, don't fly. I fly 100 segments a year and I am appaled at the obesity in America. We are literally eating ourselves to death.

I have zero sympathy for any fatties that cannot show the self discipline to avoid bad or too much food.

I have elbowed my way into my seat more than once and will continue to do so and demand that the airlines provide the seat I have bought with no "fatness" hanging on to me.

End of rant.

If you are offended - go on a diet.

Posts: 10372 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would like to see it on all carriers after being on the receiving end of uncontrolled fatty tissue spreading accross the armrest like in "The Blob".

+1

We flew back from Jo'berg in August next to an unbathed African Queen that took up at least a seat and a half. Very unpleasant!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
If you are too fat to sit in the seat(s) your bought, don't fly. I fly 100 segments a year and I am appaled at the obesity in America. We are literally eating ourselves to death.

I have zero sympathy for any fatties that cannot show the self discipline to avoid bad or too much food.

I have elbowed my way into my seat more than once and will continue to do so and demand that the airlines provide the seat I have bought with no "fatness" hanging on to me.

End of rant.

If you are offended - go on a diet.

Ever take a walk in someone elses shoes?
TRUST me when you get that big you avoid flying at all costs.

How come we as humans always seem to have sympathy for struggling animals. But quickly throw our own over the side?

A little compasion would go a long ways.
You think your uncomfortable? Try knowing exactly what the guy sitting beside you is thinking.

Calgary Guy

Posts: 108 | Location: Calgary | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You think your uncomfortable? Try knowing exactly what the guy sitting beside you is thinking.

The above mentioned African Queen was an irritable Bit*h that snorted and complained anytime my wife or I wanted our needed to get out of our seat.
While at the same time not minding a BIT sharing on of our seats!

The only thing she was thinking is that she sure was glad I paid for half of her extra seat.

That broad smelled FUNKY!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Walk in someone else's shoes?
Why sure, all the time. Compassion for the human condition does not mean condoning irrespronsible behavoiur by eating yourself into obesity and lethargy.

However compassionate I am, I insist that the fattie sit in their own seat and not on me or in my seat.

If you don't like being a fattie - show restraint at the food trough and exercise. It is not rocket science, costs nothing and can be done by anyone.

I have yet to meet a single person that was morbidly obese that showed a level of self discipline. Help yourself by showing self control and discipline - and you will experience the compassion you are looking for.

Posts: 10372 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you are fat, it is because you eat too dang much! I would have zero problems telling some lard ass to stay on their side of the armrest and get off me.

Rich
6'2" and 227

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I try to fly as little as possible now, I used to do well over 100 segments a year,, a multimillion miler, or road warrior so to speak. On a domestic flight for a couple of hours,, I can make do with a little overhang onto my seat. But on the flight over the big pond,,, man it is brutal under the best of conditions. My last trip back I had a HUGE local lady? sittong on me with multi robes and the most funk about her,,, I almost puked,, my tracker smelled better,,, and she had FLEAS! I thought for sure I survived the bush and was gonna die from some flea born diseae ....Yep,, I was in coach,,, drwes

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The last flight I was on there were two women in the immediate area of my seat that needed those belt extenders. If you need a belt extender you need TWO seats! A regular belt must go up to a 50-52 inch waste alone.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
I dunno guys.

I have an uncle who is well north of 300#. He decided that he had to fly to NYC. He knew just how comfortable economy class seats are on our airlines, and brought 2 adjoining tickets. He arrives at the airport, and takes his 2 seats. After about 30 minutes, the stewardesses come up to him and tell him he needs to get out of the second seat. He shows them the tickets, which were brought from the airlines, not a budget deal like expedia. They tell him they oversold, so tough luck.

The new depositee had the utter gall to complain to him and to the stewardesses about his "taking part of my seat" (this guy was admittedly on standby)

The airline refused to reimburse him for the ticket price. They said that he got where he was going, its not their responsibility.

While I'm no lightweight, and fit in my spot, it is tight. I am sick of getting my seat back kicked by unruly children, and the person in front deciding to lean back, so I cannot even read. Its partially people having no consideration for others (like the stinky feet/no shoes issue) but its also the fact that the airlines have decided that they are going to maximize profits by running a mass transit operation.

if you don't care if ticket prices double or triple, buy a business class seat. at the end of the day, airlines ARE mass transit.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13433 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Walk in someone else's shoes?
Why sure, all the time. Compassion for the human condition does not mean condoning irrespronsible behavoiur by eating yourself into obesity and lethargy.

However compassionate I am, I insist that the fattie sit in their own seat and not on me or in my seat.

If you don't like being a fattie - show restraint at the food trough and exercise. It is not rocket science, costs nothing and can be done by anyone.

I have yet to meet a single person that was morbidly obese that showed a level of self discipline. Help yourself by showing self control and discipline - and you will experience the compassion you are looking for.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!! thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having spent ,and still spend days and days flying around the planet, I fully endorse the fat tax. Overweight sluggers need to pay for the privilege of making everyone around them miserable - that simple.

..--..

Posts: 217 | Location: BC - Canada | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Calgary Guy:
Ever take a walk in someone elses shoes?
No, I jog in mine every weekday afternoon regardless of how I feel so I won't be obese. My thyroid shut down about 4 years ago and I gained a lot of weight before it was diagnosed. Once I was I began to take the proper thyroid replacement medication every day, exercise every day, and watch what I eat. I lost all the weight I had gained, but it is not easy to keep it off. I have no sympathy whatsoever for someone who is to lazy to do the same.

How come we as humans always seem to have sympathy for struggling animals. But quickly throw our own over the side?

Because humans have the ability to cognitively reason and are self aware.

A little compasion would go a long ways.
To quote Eric Cartman, "It's about pie isn't it!"

Calgary Guy

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having to fly to Japan twice a year, the shock of landing in U.S. and looking at Americans is unbelieveable we are a fat nation.
Bad Hygiene is worse in my opinion.
I don't think saeed will ever have to pay for 2 seats.

Posts: 121 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I once had a close friend who was extremely overweight. (400+) A number of years ago he decided that he wanted to hunt African plains game. (That alone is a story in and of itself) He and his wife flew to Africa one week before my wife and I did, and we eventually joined up with them for more of the Safari. Afterwards the two ladies flew on to Australia for more vacation. I then flew back with him. He took two seats next to me. Although we were friends, he would not eat or drink anything for fear that he would have to go to the bathroom, and he could not get in there due to his size. He was extremely miserable. And, he made it miserable for me as well as he took most of my seat and it was nearly impossible for me to get in and out of my seat. But the worst part of it was the smell of his "butt juice". Mad Since he was so big he could not wipe his fanny properly and every time that he moved I got a wiff of his "butt juice", for the entire 30 hours of travel. That nearly killed me, and I have a very strong stomach. Eeker I agree that those that are overweight need to work on losing it as it does make it hard on those of us that sit next to them. He has since had the lap band procedure, but our friendship has ended.

One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
When UEG and I were African rookies, I got suck in the center section on the 747 on a return trip from Jberg next to a "two seater" in one seat. My tv malfunctioned at takeoff and never recovered and the racist guy wanted to blob on me and talk all the way home. It was miserable. I was caustophobic! UEG was unsmpathetic, and sat upstairs with normal people while I suffered! What a nightmare!

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Once upon a time, I caught a plane from Houston through Pittsburgh to home. Was late getting reservations and the only seat I could get was a middle one in coach.

The window seat was occupied by a VERY chubby older Italian lady so I know the trip wasn't going to be a lot of fun.

I was flabbergasted when down the aisle comes Lyle Alzado (honest to gosh for real!) and he sits in the aisle seat in my row. My God that fella was HUGE. Between "Momma Leone" and Lyle I was not able to sit in the seat without rotating my shoulders almost perpendicular to my hips.

That was THE most uncomfortable trip I've ever taken (and I logged something like 2 million frequent flier miles during my working life)!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
I dunno guys.

if you don't care if ticket prices double or triple, buy a business class seat. at the end of the day, airlines ARE mass transit.

Since you quoted me, I will say this...

I do pretty much only fly business or first, only if the flight is less than 2 hours I will consider a non business flight. Never the less, I have been bumped into "cattle car" by them overselling the flight. And, of course, I have had them throw a "undesirable in coach class" person into the business seat next to me because the folks in coach complained about their size and odor. Really annoying when I already paid the 2-3X more, no?

Even so, its not "just" the space issue that bothers me on an airplane. The screeching people, the folks who have not bathed, the guys who get up and go to the can 4-5 times in a 90 minute flight when they insisted on a window seat, the devolution of service by the cabin personnel, the "who cares" attitude towards luggage, and so on is what I'm talking about. In my grandfather's day if you showed up in sweats and had not taken a bath in 3 days, they would have politely shown you the door and stated that you did not meet the decorum expected on the plane.

Now, we hand people who once would have difficulty getting Greyhound to let them on the bus yelling about their right to a seat. I personally would have less issue with a fat but hygenic person intruding on my space than a slim fellow who is mentally unstable and drunk who is apparently of the belief that bathing is a leap year activity, and the last one escaped his notice.

I have experienced all of the "fat folks" pushing in on my space stuff (kinda funny as I am pretty big, and have had them complain that I was too big to sit next to- they could not overflow on me) and the hygiene impaired crowd, and the unruly children. To me the children are the worst to put up with (but arguably have an excuse to some extent)and the hygienically impaired are next. While I would prefer to sit next to a slim attractive and attentive female, the choice is not mine. (And she probably would rather not sit next to me...)

Flying sucks, and its because of the lowest common denominator. Maybe I'm being elitist, but lots would be better without it.

Posts: 11028 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rich
6'2" and 227

Rich, it's about size, and you're a big guy, so sorry you'll need to pay for two seats...I'm about 6'4" and 240, well, 250, but I fit in a front cabin seat just fine! I even ride in coach if I am insane. Truth be told, it's the legroom, or lack thereof, that kills me in the back. And I'm always behind a sleeping beauty who reclines to the max as we leave the ground...

I'll say this, nothing I've heard here is worse than a flight to Martinique where all the Islanders, French Islanders at that, managed to educate me about how Americans use deodorant, but not so much the French. It seemed like an eternity, but during the 1 hour delay before take off (without a/c), they all seemed to need to stand, with their arms up, packing the overheads. Had to be 90 in the cabin, sweat dripping from them...WHOA! It'll bring tears to yer eyes...

What we seem to forget here is that the airlines have downsized the seats, in width and "pitch", so they can cram more paying bodies in on a flight. All while were getting taller and wider as a country. How smart is that? How smart is charging for checked bags, encouraging folks to bring bags that should have been checked into the cabin...smart! Just increase the damn fare!

Steve H
NRA Benefactor Member
"Most of my money I spent on reloading, hunting and shooting...the rest I just wasted."

Posts: 43 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 16 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
take a look at clothing items listed for sale on AR. it isn't only the non-hunting public that is turning into land whales. i wear a medium in most things and 90% of the clothes offered for sale are XL,2XL AND 3XL. the average American is badly overweight if not morbidly obese. no wonder airlines are forced to make people pay for an extra seat.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a bunch of compassion around these here parts....

Sure the smell can get to you... But bad smells are not the private domain of those over weight. Lots of STINKY skinny guys out there.

As for the "Have some self control" crowds in this thread. Stick it in your Ear. You have no idea what these people are dealing with. They read these types of threads and it just contributes to the downward spiral. And man o' Man it’s a deep dark spiral that you can’t even imagine. It sinks you to depths that NO BODY knows about. It's a personal Hell that has no rival.
Sure sure... Pull yourself up by your own Bootstraps you say... Sometimes you just can’t reach those straps my friends. And what would you have... Let these folks just go and shoot themselves in the head? Would that make your life easier?? You would have them just stay at home and rot? Never to leave the house. God forbid you had to put up with someone invading your personal space.

You speak of having some discipline. What about the discipline it takes just to get out of bed and face the world knowing exactly what they are thinking.

Oh yeah... I have walked in those shoes... It's not a great time. And I sure didn’t get healthier due to comments like above. It was these types of comments that kept me down.
If not for such a loving wife and 2 great kids I doubt I would be here to stick up for those that are incapable of sticking up for themselves.

The hell I put myself through in order to make the descion to lose weight just about tore me apart. I didn’t want anyone to know, I was afraid they would look down on me even further. I was afraid of LOTS of things, but the one thing I am not afraid of now is sticking up to some of the above types of people.

By posting these types of nasty comments are you showing any sort of leadership? Do you think you are making anyone feel better? Or do you just want to look down your nose and feel better about yourself?

It's funny, after I lost the weight I had the chance to sit down and evaluate those around me. I saw some in a much different light. I could see through the insecurities and the fact they only brought down those around themselves in order to feel better about the crap in their own lives. Those people I have tried to leave behind or in some case I have tried to help them get back on the right track.

I implore you to try and help someone out; I implore you to just keep these thoughts to yourself.

Be good to people and they will be good back to you.
That’s a Hell of a motto there. One that I try and live each day.

Go ahead boys, rip the post apart. But for what reason? To just make yourself feel better. Find what is lacking in your life and fix it.

Sure I might sound bitter about folks like some of you, but in my heart I actually feel sorry for you and sorrier that your STINKY attitude affects those around you.

Calgary Guy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh quit whinging America...What I really hate about flying to the USA is they see the green zim passport and at every airport ..Sir, you have been randomly selected for secondry screening... I was 'randomly' selected 23 times last year Wink

I also appreciate the Standard Zimbabwean security screening...are you carrying a gun sir..'yes' is it unloaded? 'yes' Carry on sir. Have several times seen clients arriving in Bulawayo with their rifles as their carry on dancing It is one of the (few) perks of living in the third world

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
Oh quit whinging America...What I really hate about flying to the USA is they see the green zim passport and at every airport ..Sir, you have been randomly selected for secondry screening... I was 'randomly' selected 23 times last year Wink

I have a US passport but was born in Libya to an American father and a Scottish mother. The older US passports (before Libya "renounced" terrorism after 9-11) stated that Libyans were not allowed into the US. I'm probably the only person who gets screened less after 9-11.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:

I also appreciate the Standard Zimbabwean security screening...are you carrying a gun sir..'yes' is it unloaded? 'yes' Carry on sir. Have several times seen clients arriving in Bulawayo with their rifles as their carry on dancing It is one of the (few) perks of living in the third world

Ganyana,
I prefer the Zim method of screening.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Calgary Guy,
No rip here, just wake up. Congrats on working through the issues, however, there is no excuse to eat yourself into morbid obesity. Blame it on mom, on dad, on kids at school - but the reality is that we are responsible for our own behavour and our actions. It is a choice, nothing more, nothing less. It is not a mental illness - it is having an abundance of something and choosing gluttony over moderation or self discipline. The long term health issues are huge for overwieght people. It is astounding what a fatty will face at age 60 and beyond. The burden is not just on the fatty but on the caregiver and family. So - CHOOSE WISELY!

When a person decides to lose weight- they do. I work with a guy who was a fatty for most of his adult life (+60 lbs. over his normal weight). He "chose" to quit eating chips, 3 beers per day and focus on fruits, vegatables and balance. He also walked 1 to 3 miles everyday. Guess what, he lost that 60 lbs in one year and has kept it off. He did not blame anyone or need a special diet - just made the decision and acted on it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Calgary Guy,
No rip here, just wake up. Congrats on working through the issues, however, there is no excuse to eat yourself into morbid obesity. Blame it on mom, on dad, on kids at school - but the reality is that we are responsible for our own behavour and our actions. It is a choice, nothing more, nothing less. It is not a mental illness - it is having an abundance of something and choosing gluttony over moderation or self discipline. The long term health issues are huge for overwieght people. It is astounding what a fatty will face at age 60 and beyond. The burden is not just on the fatty but on the caregiver and family. So - CHOOSE WISELY!

When a person decides to lose weight- they do. I work with a guy who was a fatty for most of his adult life (+60 lbs. over his normal weight). He "chose" to quit eating chips, 3 beers per day and focus on fruits, vegatables and balance. He also walked 1 to 3 miles everyday. Guess what, he lost that 60 lbs in one year and has kept it off. He did not blame anyone or need a special diet - just made the decision and acted on it.

Dogcat. Nowhere did I blame anyone. In fact I grew up in a great family. Nothing really bad has ever happened in my life. I wasn’t shy, I wasn’t a recluse.. I was just me.
60 pounds is a great accomplishment. but it's not really that big of a number.

The you tell me to "WAKE UP".. What’s with that??
You speak of this issue like you have a personal involvement.. Yet all you bring to the table is a tale of a co worker who lost 60 pounds. You have no right to present a diagnosis on such a disease. And yes, that’s exactly what it is. It is a disease that effects everything about a person. It effects the health and worse, the personality of those who contract it. It effects the mental well being of the person. So much so that it becomes almost impossible to function on a daily basis let alone lose the weight.

Calgary Guy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Calgary,
My comment to "wake up" is directed at people that have no clue what their actions/decisions do to those around them - from the person next to them on the airplane to the family member who has to deal with the issues daily. Not at you as I do not know you from Adam. Poor phrasing on the internet on my part.

However, I disagree with the "disease" diagnosis. I have dealt with alcohol and drug addiction issues in my immedidate family, attended the "anonymous" meetings to show support and listened to how "it is not my fault because I have a disease", then went to the funerals. I just do not buy the "disease" excuse/alibi defense. Cancer and the flu are diseases caused by "something" usually beyond the control of the sufferer.

Obesity is self inflicted and the cause and cure are known. If a person choses to be that way, pay for 2 seats on the airplane but don't sit on me.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Skinny, fat or in between, if I buy two seats then I want two seats.

I find it hard to accept, or believe, that an airline can take anyone's bought and paid for extra seat and give it to someone else - oversold or not - without compensation.

How is that possible?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13661 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
mrlexma,
I agree. When I buy two seats together, I expect to get them as well.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
in a couple of months I am going on my yearly fishing trip to Costa Rica. the regional carrier that flies you from San Jose to either coast has a 250 lb weight limit per passenger and weighs each passenger. if you are over the limit, they charge you so much per pound. can you imagine the outcry if US carriers initiated the same policy? at the same time, such a policy would quickly get most airlines out of the red ink they are drowning in.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Obesity is self inflicted and the cause and cure are known. If a person choses to be that way, pay for 2 seats on the airplane but don't sit on me.

But if they are seated first, who is sitting on whom? Wink

Steve H
NRA Benefactor Member
"Most of my money I spent on reloading, hunting and shooting...the rest I just wasted."

Posts: 43 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 16 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
if they are hanging over their seat into mine, i don't give a shit who sat down first!!!- THEY ARE IN MY SEAT.if they paid for 2 seats and are STILL hanging over into mine, they belong on a livestock truck.