New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo shipping cases
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
There has been lots of discussion on how to pack your ammo for flights. I have seen several cases in catalogs for shipping and storing ammo. Mid South has a Pelican case for about $40 that looks suitable but Graf has a MTM Survivor Dry Box Case for under $11. This box is about 10"x7"x5" outside. It has an O ring seal and three latches and you can lock it. It seems like it would hold at least 80 rounds in factory boxes. Has anyone tried either of these boxes?

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Pelican cases are unbeatable for anything, including ammo, IMO. I have several for different applications.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one of the MTM cases and have used it on two occasions, once to Zim and once to South Africa with no problems, it held held 50 rounds of .416 Rigby on one trip and 3 boxes of .300 Win Mag on another trip.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2778 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of OldHandgunHunter
posted Hide Post
I use the little Pelican 1200 case -- it's the perfect size for 5kg of ammo and it's tough enough to be checked separately from the other luggage.

When you get bored with life, start hunting dangerous game with a handgun.

Posts: 495 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use the MTM ammo can,it is lockable.Why spend $60 plus when $ 11 gets the job done.

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
The black one that Cabela's now advertises for that very purpose is the same one that I have been using for years and yes, it also gets the job done. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
What Use Enough Gun said... thumb

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote