THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Travel With Guns:Strong positive recommendation

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel With Guns:Strong positive recommendation
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Recently I arrived in Victoria Falls but my rifle did not. I simultaneously emailed Steve at Travel With Guns, the guest house in Joburg who we paid for meet and greet and the outfitter we were hunting with. The only person to respond to my emails was Steve. He quickly diagnosed the problem employing his extensive list of contacts and told me the firearm would arrive on the next days flight which it did. Steve also made all our inter Africa flight arrangements and and made reservations at Ilala Lodge in Vic Falls. The Lodge was great, centrally located and moderatelly priced. I highly recommend Steve and I would publically like to thank him for his assistance. What I learned from my first trip to Africa is that who you know is of paramount importance in Africa and obviously Steve is well connected.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
and - the reason we go through a good travel agent instead of diy on the net is

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Used Steve on my most recent trip to Zim and will use him again next year. Very helpful and very responsive.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Steve is handling all travel for our production company, and I can't give him higher marks. I had a snafu coming from Windhoek in May, and he had people scurrying to my help in 2 countries in Africa, and it was all taken care of by the time I got to ATL. He is excellent...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After 7 trips and 3 different travel agents, Steve is far and away the best!!!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I am a big fan of Steve's myself...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Steve (and Susan). They arranged my itinerary for my griz hunt with Jake Jefferson last month (including changing my flights on a moments notice) and they have everything taken care of for mine and my son's first safari to hunt with Martin Pieters in just 13 days!

Thanks, Steve, for outstanding service.

Bill E.

Posts: 70 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 31 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bcolyer
posted Hide Post
He has been absolutely great for me and my girls traveling next April! Took his advice and bought tickets early and have been glad we did. He also is making our arrangements in Jo-berg, Maun & Vic Falls. Even when I've got the contacts to do it myself.
Sure is a relief to know you have someone to trust and turn to when making these trips. Something usually always goes amiss somewhere...and you NEED someone to call and turn to. Trust me.

Posts: 502 | Location: Farmington, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve Turner put together all the air connections for our trip to RSA last March. The four of us went all over. Steve was always handy to the phone to troubleshoot problems when the typical bumps in the road occured. At one point, I thought we were going to have to drive out of Durban, but Steve somehow got us out via air. He has earned our repeat business.

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another 2 thumbs up for Steve. He handled all our arrangements for our hunt in Zim, last month, and everything was absolutely perfect. If/when I ever get to go again, Steve will be the man that I use.

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yup, just returned from DeadHorse AK, and couldn't imagine using anyone else...

One of Us
Picture of RichP470
posted Hide Post
I have been using Steve for the last few years for numerous trips and without him I would be lost. He has helped me with flights, lost guns, lodging, etc. I have used 2 others in the past and Steve is much more than a travel agent. With the addition of Susan, they make a great team. Props to Travel W Guns. thumb

Posts: 72 | Location: Saratoga, CA | Registered: 16 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used Steve for my trip to Zimbabwe in June and could not have been more pleased. On the return, I got to Washington, DC and found my flight on to Salt Lake City had not been finalized. I got him on the phone (early Sunday morning) and he got things fixed within minutes.

One of Us
Picture of Bwana Nderobo
posted Hide Post
Steve Turner is THE MAN.

Phil Massaro
President, Massaro Ballistic Laboratories, LLC
NRA Life Member
B&C Member
www.mblammo.com

Hunt Reports- Zambia 2011
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1481089261

"Two kinds of people in this world, those of us with loaded guns, and those of us who dig. You dig."

Posts: 441 | Location: New Baltimore, NY | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
While Steve is getting all the acolades, I might add that his right hand girl friday, Susan, ain't to bad her self... Wink Big Grin

Agreat group to work with!

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Using him now for next years family trip.

Posts: 1574 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Turner - Total Travel Solutions
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog:
While Steve is getting all the acolades, I might add that his right hand girl friday, Susan, ain't to bad her self... Wink Big Grin

Agreat group to work with!

Mad Dog

Yes - Susan works hard behind the scenes and she is a real asset to us.

Steve Turner
Travel With Guns
210-858-9833
steve@travelwithguns.com

www.travelwithguns.com

Posts: 138 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
Another positive recommendation for Steve. He not only made fantastic travel arrangements on my last safari, he was market savvy enough to wait and get prime pricing while still securing good seating. He is great at his job.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote