THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Anything new to take to Zim?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anything new to take to Zim?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Leaving for Zim 4 weeks from tomorrow. Starting to get everything together. Last trip in 2011 two things I took that really went over well were individual envelopes for the tips and Tootsie Roll Pops (took 2 bags) which I gave out to the crew at the end of each day for the drive back to camp. Anything else new/different to take?

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 482 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like the tootsie roll pop idea. I took individually wrapped large life savers and did the same thing.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2635 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last safari in Zambia, I took a carton of Top cigarette hand rolling tobacco. I could have taken three and not had enough. Big hit with the crew.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sour Jacks and Slim Jims were big hits on my last trip.

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
squirt guns - enough to arm the staff - guaranteed they will have a ball

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, I've done the Life Saver and Jolly Rancher things before and the crew looks forward to the drive back to camp! Big Grin I like the idea about the squirt guns! tu2

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Playing cards and dice are always a great hit.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I second Tygersman. I have taken Slim Jims on my last three safaris and everyone enjoyed every break we took. I also took a variety of hard tack candy and gum. Peppermint was the hands down favorite.I also took cigars to share when I got my buffalo on the last trip.
John

Posts: 154 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 10 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Take a roll or two of duct tape, your PH will appreciate it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12540 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Phillip Smythe
posted Hide Post
PH's like Sour jacks...... just saying!

dancing

Subscribe to our Newsletter and follow us hunt to hunt -

http://mailchi.mp/eccf60046a6c/welcome-to-2018

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages...aris/286258951422383

PHOTO BLOG - https://instagram.com/ivorytrailsafaris/

Phillip Smythe
www.ivorytrailsafaris.com

16 Pendennis Rd,