THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    For Those Who Complain About Children On Flights

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For Those Who Complain About Children On Flights
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 67119 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Good for them.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
No surprise that Etihad consitently gets ranked one of the best or thee best airline in the world.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Good for them! tu2 Now the rest of the airline world needs to follow suit! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Parents can't seem to control there children anymore so we might as well pay someone to do it for them. Better yet, leave the screaming beasts home!

Full time professional trapper

Posts: 313 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 13 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
By the looks of them, some of those nannies would traumatize a child into silence for life!

Not a bad outcome in many cases, to be sure! Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13426 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing new here. My mother tells the story of when she was flying back from Malawi to the uk with a very young Heym Sr20 - still in nappies but crawling - on the old BOAC VC10 in the late 1960s, the young Heym SR20 had no interest in being quiet, going to sleep etc. One of stewardesses calmly walked up to my mother, picked him up and He was taken to the back of the aircraft, and returned just before landing the following morning. I am led to believe they kept a box of toys at the back and there were a number of youngsters at the back of aeroplane having a fun time withe stewardesses.

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
I would love for the nanny in orange to take care of me on my next flight Smiler

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
after flying Etihad in first and business class last year returning from Africa, i have to say- no other carrier i have EVER flown even comes close. and that includes BA, AF, Quantas, SAA and the usual American suspects. i suspect it is a result of the oneupmanship they play with Emirates Air

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13194 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great idea.
When I flew home in June, there was a young couple with us in first that had a child that cried the entire 18 hours home. Forgot my earplugs and was ready to open the door and throw that squalling kid out.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
Great idea.
When I flew home in June, there was a young couple with us in first that had a child that cried the entire 18 hours home. Forgot my earplugs and was ready to open the door and throw that squalling kid out.
You flew first class and they wouldnt bring you some earplugs?

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There were earplugs in the travel kit and they helped some but, while I would not have thrown the child out (trying to be a bit humorous) The parents did everything they could to settle down that poor child. Probably couldn't get it's ears to equalize. They didn't get any sleep either.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I THINK A PRESSURIZED BAGGAGE COMPARTMENT IS THE IDEAL SOLUTION!

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heym SR20:
Nothing new here. My mother tells the story of when she was flying back from Malawi to the uk with a very young Heym Sr20 - still in nappies but crawling - on the old BOAC VC10 in the late 1960s, the young Heym SR20 had no interest in being quiet, going to sleep etc. One of stewardesses calmly walked up to my mother, picked him up and He was taken to the back of the aircraft, and returned just before landing the following morning. I am led to believe they kept a box of toys at the back and there were a number of youngsters at the back of aeroplane having a fun time withe stewardesses.

They probably just stuffed him in a padded cupboard. Checked on him every couple of hours for nappie changes and feeding.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12562 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nyquil! That's what my parents did to a young JTEX!

Then when I have kids what do they do? They change the formula and take out the "knock kids out for four hours" part!!!!!

If you even looked like you where gonna sniffle you got dosed rather heavily with Nyquil and out went the lights..........

Posts: 41792 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
the active ingredient in Nyquil to aid sleeping is Benadryl, which you can still buy OTC for kids( and adults). it is the preferred sleep aid in older people as it is less likely to disorient an older person than most prescription drugs-and it will put kids down for the count!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We always used children's dramamine which is available over the counter although you often have to order it in advance. We also always bought a seat for the kids so they had their car seat that they were familiar with on the plane.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
How is Etihad for flying with firearms?

Posts: 3863 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaglav:
We always used children's dramamine which is available over the counter although you often have to order it in advance. We also always bought a seat for the kids so they had their car seat that they were familiar with on the plane.

dramamine is the precursor to Benadryl. it is broken down by the liver and converted to Benadryl, IIRC from my long past pharmacology studies...

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
How is Etihad for flying with firearms?

i no longer take a rifle- camp guns have worked just fine for the last 6 safaris. so i have no idea how Etihad does with firearms- only that they are the best airline i have ever flown......

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pretty intolerant bunch in here considering you were all children at one time and probably annoyed the hell out of those around you. Offering to help or even a sympathetic smile would be more in order. With rare exceptions, the parents are just as unhappy about the kids crying/screaming as you are.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
since i was 19 before i ever got on an airplane, i doubt i screamed much. and i have no problem with screaming INFANTS- they and their parents really can't help it... it's the 3-4 y.o.and up hoodlums that drive me beserk. their's is a behavior problem and that flows directly from poor parenting. my second flight to Africa involved a 5-6 y.o. kid who kicked the back of my seat for several hours. after numerous requests to his mother to make him stop, i finally told him directly that the next time he kicked my seat back, i would give him the spanking he had obviously never had but badly needed. end of problem....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
jdollar,I think that you are 100% right...I was raised in a family that loved and had many children around...I can assure you that when children were in public,they were NOT allowed do things that annoyed people and they were seen not heard... of course over the past few decades many things have changed and not all for the best............................

Posts: 282 | Location: TALLAHASSEE,FL | Registered: 08 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Pretty intolerant bunch in here considering you were all children at one time and probably annoyed the hell out of those around you. Offering to help or even a sympathetic smile would be more in order. With rare exceptions, the parents are just as unhappy about the kids crying/screaming as you are.

Yep back then we all were kids in a world where a slap across the chops was the key in resolving most situations and it did more good than harm.

Today's wimpy world won't even permit you to talk sternly to your kid - do it and you're likely headed for counseling at the very least!

one of us
posted Hide Post
My parents would not have allowed me to make a PIA of myself. I was taught that the world did not rotate around me or my parents just because they were parents. Today I see the opposite far too much. Parents think their kids are special, to be tolerated in all cases by all and as parents of these little demons they are special. My answer to that is bullshit!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12894 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote