THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Trouble with Broadheads via Amsterdam?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trouble with Broadheads via Amsterdam?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I heard from an outfitter on another site that Broadheads are now ILLEGAL in The Netherlands; apparently 2 of his clients were nearly arrested on the way home, and their broadheads were confiscated.

Is there anything IN WRITING that states this regulation, or did they just get the one jerk in security that day?

Posts: 42 | Location: The Glorious Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope they were not in their Carry on!!!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd definitely like to know more details on how the broadheads were being transported and whether they were in the carry-on or checked luggage.

If they were in the carry-on luggage, then they deserved to have them confiscated!

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
According to the outfitter the broadheads were packed in checked luggage that cleared at the point of departure (JNB)and then scanned in Amsterdam.

Posts: 42 | Location: The Glorious Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did searches on every possible phrase that I could think of and couldn't find any kind of restriction on traveling through the Netherlands with archery equipment. I did find on the KLM site that broadheads must be properly encased and not in carry-on luggage.

Of course, that's not to say because I couldn't find anything, doesn't mean that they haven't changed the regulations.

I'm interested in learning more as our next trip, my wife was thinking it would be nice to go through the Netherlands.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shof--

This is everything I know so far. I'll be hunting with Ken Moody in July 2010. These guys who ran into trouble in A-dam were his last clients for the year, and they just wrapped up about a week ago.

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/b...128&MESSAGES=9&FF=18

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just emailed the Dutch Consulate "front office" to see if they can clarify. The automated response (Sunday AM) promises an answer within 48 hours.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. It's going to be interesting to hear the Dutch Consolate's reply. Even more interesting would be the "logic" behind such a ban if there is one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's what was in my mail tonight, which sounds like the gun form must be filed for archery tackle:

Dear Madame/Sir,

Thank you for contacting the Netherlands Front Office.

When you pass through the Netherlands with weapons you have to declare them before you leave at our Customs Office.

The form and more information can be found on our website:

http://www.netherlands-embassy...icleref=AR00001345EN

Kind regards,Netherlands Front Office (NFO) for the
U.S.A. and
Canada Phone: 1-877-DUTCHHELP (1- 877-388-2443)E-mail: nfo@dutchhelp.comInternet: www.netherlands-embassy.orgOffice hours: 7AM–7PM Central Time (14:00-2:00hours
Netherlands time)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, if that's the case, it certainly would be nice to know that! It would also be helpful to travelers passing through to have that information on their website!