Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uganda firearms Permit
 Login/Join

posted
Getting ready for an August hunt in Uganda and understand I need prior approval to import my firearm. Cannot find an application on line, does anyone know how to go about getting the firearm permit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your safari operator should guide you on this.
Or, Travel with Guns who posts here.

Posts: 10211 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Greg,

Your safari operator or travel agent should be all over this. There's no reason you should have to scour the Internet for this information.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12879 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Our safari operator had our permits in hand when we arrived, and it was one of the easiest gun clearances I have ever done...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whoever you booked through should have this well in hand. As mentioned previously, Uganda is pretty straight forward as far as importing firearms although the paperwork needs to be done.

Whatever airline you're flying probably requires some advance paperwork as well so double check that as well.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
Our safari operator had our permits in hand when we arrived, and it was one of the easiest gun clearances I have ever done...

Ditto

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 932 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

tu2

Posts: 1795 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote