Find
Notify
Tools

Africa travel agent
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted
Anyone have any dealing with Lori Ginn from Travel Express out of Montana??.

Need to start working on my trip arrangements for S. Africa next May (2016) and just wondering how good she/her company is.

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Don't know anything about her

I highly recommend Steve Turner of Travel With Guns

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
I met her a couple of times and she seems nice enough, but I have never used her.

She seems to be quite popular on www.africahunting.com

If you do not receive a response on AR you may try over there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bisonhunter, I don't know her or anything about her. However, I have used Gracy Travel multiple times and have never had a problem. I like the resources they offer including people on the ground at OR Tambo in Jo'Burg.

When something goes wrong, I can get someday from Gracy day or night. That may or may not be the case with a one person shop. Gracy was a sat phone call away in Zim in 2007 when we had to get out quickly due to an emergency. They came thru.

I will use them again.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
Don't know anything about her

I highly recommend Steve Turner of Travel With Guns

I've used Gracy, and just this past April used Steve Turner. After the service I received from TWG (above and beyond), I doubt I'll use anyone but Steve again.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used her for my September trip has done fine by me.

When there's lead in the air, there's hope!!!!

Posts: 424 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Three trips with Steve Turner, and all were seamless. I will continue to use him.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She is the only person I ever used to book my flights. Great service and always beats the other prices when I check with her. My flights there and flights in SA have all gone smooth with enough time between flights. She is great to work with.

Posts: 559 | Location: macungie , Pa | Registered: 21 March 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MTarcher
posted Hide Post
We have used Lori twice. Once to Namibia and recently to Mozambique. Both trips went great without a hitch and I highly recommend her.

Posts: 56 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: 13 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I used Lori for my 2013 trip to Namibia, and she did an excellent job. I got a smoking deal on British Airways for my trip this June, and she was honest with me that it was a hell of a good deal, and she couldn't beat it. I'll use her again in the future- a class lady who is a hunter herself.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
She does a good job especially if this is your first trip.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you use Delta, and their economy comfort, no travel agent can save you any money.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I second Steve with Travel With Guns. Just got back, SAA canceled my flight two days before I left, he rescheduled it then when I got over there they still had me booked for the canceled flight. They wanted to charge me to rebook me on the flight that Steve had already booked me on. That's Africa. It all got worked out. I will use TWGs next year but am thinking about going to Frankfurt to Windhoek and staying out of Joburg.