Find
Notify
Tools

Overnight in Harare
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
My wife, my son and I will stay over one night in Harare after our safari. Where would you recommend we stay. Prefereably someplace with a good restaurant/bar on site.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Miller's Grill is a great place for a big, post-safari steak and refreshments.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
We stayed at a place called the Bronte house. Room was $150, cash only, including breakfast for 2.

Nice grounds, rooms dated but comfortable.

Good luck on your trip!

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack D Bold:
We stayed at a place called the Bronte house. Room was $150, cash only, including breakfast for 2.

Nice grounds, rooms dated but comfortable.

Good luck on your trip!

We stayed at the same place.

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
My recommendation would be the Holiday inn,the Bronte is nice but NO AC,the holiday also has a decent restaurant,bar and offsite food establishments within easy distance.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not recommend any hotel in town. If we have clients wanting a more posh set up then standard B/B then we send them to Amanzi lodge, situated in a nice suburb of Hre. It is stunning with excellent restaurant and bar- small and personal- let me know if you want there details and will happily pass them on. Cheers buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
I will second Buzz on the Amanzi Lodge. Great place to stay, nice bar, great food.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's Buzz...

Myles put me up in a nice cottage at the Gecko the evening I flew in. We had a fantastic breakfast the next morning, and then headed off to Makuti for Cape Buffalo.

I very much enjoyed the cottage for a night or even more.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed my stay in Harare at both the Harrington house and at Bob`s Bed and Breakfast.At Bob`s I got the impression I had a whole villa all to myself.Bob`s was really something.I think the big pork chops I had at Bob`s where the best ever.Oh yes,he also had a large selection of books and a nice garden with various fruit trees-banana,figs.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, we like Pangolin Lodge, or , Meikles

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Bryan- Miekles maybe but Pangolin which we used to use is now owned by the Chinese as is Imba Matomba and seeing what they have done in Zim in last few years I cannot and will not support them! Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from Harare. I spent the arrival night at the Meikles,very very nice, but expensive ($275 with breakfast). Steve Turner put me in the Casa Kadiki B&B on my return. The grounds are beautiful, rooms elegant, great breakfast, $140. Meikles has A/C, Casa Kadiki, no A/C. I will be staying at Casa Kadiki again in August.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz: When did ownership change? Missed last year, however, stayed there(Pangolin) year before last.

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote