THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    A FEW OBSERVATIONS ON '07 SAFARI TRAVEL

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A FEW OBSERVATIONS ON '07 SAFARI TRAVEL
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
1.) Regardless of how well you plan out the details of your travel an uninformed airline employee can really cause you problems.

We checked in with UNITED here in Cody on our way to RSA. The counter person checked us all the way through to JNB. Cool! Wrong! BA bumped our stuff in Detroit as UNITED cannot do boarding passes for them. That caused 2 hours of angst in Detroit but we and the guns and luggage made the flight.

2.) Two hours is not enough time between flights when arriving JNB and transfering to another flight. With the help of Air 2000 we made our Zim flight but barely.

3.) SAA is as bad as I had been told about baggage. My guns arrived Bulawayo but no luggage. I gave the cop in JNB $20. I'm sure that is why the guns made it. We overnighted in Bulawayo and the luggage fortunately came the next day. Mokore says that particularly this year that is par for the course and sometimes a wait of 4-5 days is necessary. My client Scott King and another hunter who were also hunting with Mokore did not get there luggage until their hunt was half over.

4.) Air 2000 is still more than worth whatever they charge. They rushed us through and around so many ques I couldn't count them. They know exactly where to go, who to talk to and how to get to the head of the line.

5.) You can't be prepared for ever hiccup on your travel so just relax and go with the flow because something weird is bound to arise.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12900 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI Mark;

Can't wait for a hunt report and photos...

Regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I've been to Africa twice since March (and a couple of times a year for the last 10). I will never again attempt to go to the bush without at least a day in the city of my destination airport during which I can at least hope that my luggage/guns will show up.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7561 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ernest,

I think your right. An extra day on the front end to allow for late luggage and mentally regroup may be the best way to go.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12900 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Yes an extra day is alway great in particular when you have to do some bribing to get a friend out of a hot Mozambique Jail. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That'll take the fun out of a safari!

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote