Find
Notify
Tools

ASAP Tickets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted
I found this website through Facebook, of all places. I can't vouch at all for their service or anything else about them, but the airfares look really cheap to Africa. Jo'burg from $1,139, cape town from $1,169, Lusaka from $1,398 and Addis Ababa from $891, all fully inclusive round trip fares, they say.

None of the above get you the excellent services of the agents who frequent these pages and contribute to our forums, so BUYER BEWARE, but I thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone is interested. Too bad I'm not in position to go to Africa anytime soon.

http://www.asaptickets.com/

Posts: 3860 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
Last week Clark Howard, radio host, money management guru and Atlanta-based skinflint, was quoting some really low fares to RSA--however, I missed the airline and departure city, so getting to there from wherever you live might be an additional expense. Plus, there might be a need for in-country commuter flights.

If you Google Clark Howard, it's possible there might be a link on his website. He--or rather Christy, his producer--gives out low airfares every week, usually on Thursday or Friday.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1548 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used the online services before but not when I'm going to be traveling with Guns and ammo.
the only problem I ever had was when I missed a flight from Nairobi and when I got to Dallas delta would not honor my ticket so I had to pay $250 to get to Arkansas.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! You PAID to get to Arkansas??

Big Grin

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just entered (from the web site above) March 19 - April 2, 2011 from Traverse City, MI to JNB and was quoted $529.06 on Lufthansa. It says "Please call to book". Can this be real? On United it is $730.09.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
how does it route you?

A friend buys cheap tickets from St Louis to SW Idaho. They route them thru Phoenix with a five hour layover.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Hey, that's enough time to do a quick mule deer hunt with Mark Young's Phoenix outfitter! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
how does it route you?

A friend buys cheap tickets from St Louis to SW Idaho. They route them thru Phoenix with a five hour layover.

Rich

It doesn't give any details other than your dates and departure city and destination city. You get a discount ID number and then you have to call to book. I didn't call. I just entered hypothetical dates to test. That may be the price for each way. That would be more realistic.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure why a fast ticket would do you any good. It takes a couple weeks to do the paperwork on bringing firearms into Africa. I just call Kathi Klime and she does the legwork.
I am just lazy enough to appreciate all the hassle she goes thru for me.

Rich
old
This is me!

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I agree that agents such as Kathi or any of the other good agento who frequent this site are the best way to go, but for some having the ability to fly as inexpensively as possible might be the difference in the type of trip they take.

Just wanted to throw it out there for eveyrone's information.

Posts: 3860 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lde:
Wow! You PAID to get to Arkansas??

Big Grin

YAA I did now I'm trying like hell to find a job in texas where there is a little common since left unlike the rest of the country rotflmo

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just check on a price for 5 people on this site from Washington Dulles to Windhoek.
No big savings $2289.90
Paid much less before.
Oh well.
Thanks for the info anyways.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote