THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Frankfurt Gun Handling Process Question

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frankfurt Gun Handling Process Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am probably flying next spring through Frankfurt on Air Lufthansa and transferring to Air Namibia in Frankfurt. I will check my bags and firearms in the states and have been told by my travel agent that I will not have to handle my firearms during the transfer/layover in Frankfurt which will last 15 hours. I will grab a hotel room for rest and clean up at the hotel attached to the airport.Do any of you folks out there have any experience with this exact situation in Germany. Is my travel agent correct or do I have to go and grab my guns and other luggage?
Thanks, Strapman

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the term is "carry through". The TA's words are correct.

It's been mentioned here before but I'll say it again (and get that pot stirred I'm sure hammering) I'd stay awake in Frankfurt so I can sleep on the way to Windhoek. It helped me adjust to "Africa Time".

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice Robert.

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
You'll find the import form etc here: http://www.shakariconnection.c...ort-regulations.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Dad and I did this same thing just last month and our guns were waiting in Namibia when we got there.

Posts: 103 | Location: southern wisconsin | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is correct information if your airline from here to FRA has a baggage agreement with Air Namibia. We flew Delta in 2007 and never touched our checked baggage and guns until arriving in Windhoek. I would guess that Lufthansa has a baggage agreement with Air Namibia, but it wouldn't hurt to double check.

I am of the opinion that getting a room in FRA is not the best way to spend your time. You can usually sleep for at least part of the way from the U.S., arriving in the morning hours at FRA. Staying awake and active allows you to sleep better on the very long overnight leg from FRA to WDH. Take the train downtown to Frankfurt, see a few sights, and enjoy some German food and beer. When you arrive in WDH you will be much better adjusted to the time.

Oh yes: Download the Namibian Police gun importation form off of the net and have it filled out before you arrive. With this done you won't have to spend several minutes filling out the form after you arrive and end up near the back of the line of hunters waiting to claim their rifles.

Posts: 13234 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
Oh yes: Download the Namibian Police gun importation form off of the net and have it filled out before you arrive. With this done you won't have to spend several minutes filling out the form after you arrive and end up near the back of the line of hunters waiting to claim their rifles.

That's the form on the link I posted above.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. You're a big help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, my wife says we are getting a room just to shower....she says no way she's going that long a trip w/o bathing at least once on the way.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got back and as others have said no problem. Worked both ways, very easy.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RVL III:
Oh yeah, my wife says we are getting a room just to shower....she says no way she's going that long a trip w/o bathing at least once on the way.

That's exactly what I did. I got a room, slept 2 hours and took a shower. I then went into town for a few hours and went back to the roomn for another shower prior to checking out and catching my flight. Worth every penny.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote