Find
Notify
Tools

Stopover in France
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Two Air France jets get bomb threats in air. 1) LA-Paris landed in SLC; 2) DC-Paris lands in Nova Scotia.

Massive Police and Army anti-terrorist operation outside Paris. Shooting and suicide bombers.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LionHunter:

Massive Police and Army anti-terrorist operation outside Paris. Shooting and suicide bombers.

We all know how effective the French Police and Army have been in the past in facing armed opponents. The terrorists are probably expecting surrender any day now.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bud Meadows:
quote:

We all know how effective the French Police and Army have been in the past in facing armed opponents. The terrorists are probably expecting surrender any day now.

Bud, you might want to consider keeping up with current events. The ringleader was killed, another was taken out by a sniper, one terrorist blew themselves up and 7 others were taken into custody in an early morning raid connected to the Friday the 13th terrorism. It was efficiently done, 5 police injured (not too seriously I understand) and one police dog killed when the female terrorist blew herself up. Multiple arrests at other sites where weapons and explosives were found also ensued. Belgian police acted on information from the French (the terrorists were based in Belgium) and made multiple arrests today. Doesn't sound like surrender to me.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Given the pitiful state of affairs in the US, we are hardly in a position to call any country out for having an inept response to terrorism. Seems to me the French are doing a damn fine job of trying to address the issue.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad but true

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'd say subsequent events prove how effective the French Police have been??

I would suggest the only failings are (as usual) in the political will to take any pro-active intelligence based action before matters unfold.

Posts: 196 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
tu2 +1

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13164 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
quote:
quote:

Bud, you might want to consider keeping up with current events. The ringleader was killed, another was taken out by a sniper, one terrorist blew themselves up and 7 others were taken into custody in an early morning raid connected to the Friday the 13th terrorism. It was efficiently done, 5 police injured (not too seriously I understand) and one police dog killed when the female terrorist blew herself up. Multiple arrests at other sites where weapons and explosives were found also ensued. Belgian police acted on information from the French (the terrorists were based in Belgium) and made multiple arrests today. Doesn't sound like surrender to me.

Nor me Bud..

I was in Paris at the time. Nowhere near the attacks but was celebrating my girlfriend's birthday with friends. It is a birthday she will never forget I'm afraid.

The French police handled things well. They got some.

Vive La Belle France tu2

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
The only issues I have faced while transiting Paris with rifles had nothing to do with my firearms.

The French troops guarding the Assemblee Nationale held their FAMAS rifles horizontally and covered one and all repeatedly with their muzzles. We got the hell away from there fast!

But we took our rifles right to the hotel. Sadly, that will probably change as a result of the actions of these terrorist bastards.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13398 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately that will probably be the case.....

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have an update on traveling to france with a firearm?

Less than 4 weeks until departure.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
We abandoned our plan to overnight.

Too many questions and not enough answers.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Will,
We already had the plane tickets bought and rooms reserved before all this came up. My wife is very excited about spending 4 days in paris. I am not going to cancel it.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote