New
Find
Notify
Tools

tuff packs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I seem to remember a discussion earlier about Tuff Packs and the type of lock they use. Are tuff packs still allowed when traveling from the usa to Zim? Are you still allowed to put other items in the case? Thanks

H Kittle

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Some earlier models have a vending machine lock. Newer models have a locking device that you put your lock through.

Two times in the past 18 months, I've carried one to Zim. In both instances, there were various other items in the case other than my rifles. I had no issues even though SAA has advised against putting anything into the case other than rifles.

I think as long as you can extract your rifles without everything else falling into the floor, you are OK.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will,

The one I have has the vending machine locks. to your knowledge is this ok.

Thanks

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
h kittle - I am not Will but the vending machine lock is OK and preferred by a lot of Tuff Pak owners, myself included. Purchase and use the Tuff Sack inside the Tuff Pak an you will have no worries with adding additional items to the case. I put the rifles in soft cases near the open end of the case and simply slide the rifle up and out if necessary for inspection. If someone wants all the contents out, simply slide the whole Tuff Sack out and everything can be seen and put back, no problem.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Larry,

That is what I have done in the past. Just wanted to be sure that nothing has changed at this point.

Hartley

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
When pulling rifles just unzip and extract rifle and then reinsert into case.

I also ask for a TSA agent supervisor here is key to open lock and hand key back to you when done.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote