THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Delta Economy Comfort Seat Question

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Delta Economy Comfort Seat Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Will fly Delta ATL-JNB on Fri May 11 in the economy comfort or whatever its called. I have tried to follow the posts from those who have done the same thing. My question is what type power is at that seat? Is there a standard wall plug for charging laptops, cameras etc? Is there some type power port that requires an adaptor? Is there any power access at all?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last time I flew EC there were outlets about every three seats. I tried to find out in advance from Delta in case I wanted to try and use my CPAP machine, and was told that it depends on which plane you are on (not just model, but year made) for power.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 482 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Seat Guru shows two electrical outlets on the three seat sections (exterior) and three on the four seat sections (interior). I've flown Economy Comfort four times and found that to be true (and even used my CPap machine.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On other flights I have found that bringing a 3 or 4 plug adapter makes everyone in the row happy whether you need it or not, its easier than arguing over who gets what plug....

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the difference in cost between the economy and economy comfort classes?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
About 300 bucks round trip.

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe the new 777 have a USB port at each seat
The one I just flew back from Argentina did.
The Air Bus did not have any I seen.

Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuckmaxman:

It is free if you are Diamond or Platinum

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Originally posted by chuckmaxman:

It is free if you are Diamond or Platinum

Please educate a dummy. How do you get either of these?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Delta has at least four sub-catagories of SkyMiles members (formerly called Frequent Flyers, or FF for short). Besides getting points for "free" flights or upgrades using those points (which can come from actual travel or buying good from "partners", Delta awards credit towards higher status as a FF.

If you actually get in 25,000 miles in the air on Delta in a year, you are "Silver". The higher catagories are Gold, Platinum and Diamond. Depending on the sub-class, you get automatic upgrades if available, better seating in coach, i.e, an exit row (or a reduced fee for the Premium Economy (mine was $90 instead of double that).

Go to www.Delta.com and look around or you can just call 1-800-222-1212 to get the details.

One of the best parts of the program is that once you reach one of the sub-catagories, you get 1.5x or better credit for miles... and so on.

Last year I bought two tickets to JNB, two to Winnipeg and two to Maine on the program, using a Delta credit card and all kinds of good things happened. My luggage was specially tagged and dadgum if it didn't come first off the belt (at least domestically). I got Sky Lounge privileges (and Air France lounge, too) and extra baggage allowances. Even domestic flight, I flew was upgraded to 1st Class even though I bought cheap tickets.

I'm sure that other airlines have similar plans, but I used Delta because they are the only carrier out of my little home town.

Having started a new year with Delta, I'm only "Silver" now, but on an upcoming trip, if space is available in 1st, both me and my traveling partner will be upgraded. Not a bad program. Just remember that the status you have at booking controls, not at the time of the flight.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Well worth the extra fee.

At 6'2", the extra legroom was readily apparent on my return flight this weekend from SA.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Delta has at least four sub-catagories of SkyMiles members (formerly called Frequent Flyers, or FF for short). Besides getting points for "free" flights or upgrades using those points (which can come from actual travel or buying good from "partners", Delta awards credit towards higher status as a FF.

If you actually get in 25,000 miles in the air on Delta in a year, you are "Silver". The higher catagories are Gold, Platinum and Diamond. Depending on the sub-class, you get automatic upgrades if available, better seating in coach, i.e, an exit row (or a reduced fee for the Premium Economy (mine was $90 instead of double that).

Go to www.Delta.com and look around or you can just call 1-800-222-1212 to get the details.

One of the best parts of the program is that once you reach one of the sub-catagories, you get 1.5x or better credit for miles... and so on.

Last year I bought two tickets to JNB, two to Winnipeg and two to Maine on the program, using a Delta credit card and all kinds of good things happened. My luggage was specially tagged and dadgum if it didn't come first off the belt (at least domestically). I got Sky Lounge privileges (and Air France lounge, too) and extra baggage allowances. Even domestic flight, I flew was upgraded to 1st Class even though I bought cheap tickets.

I'm sure that other airlines have similar plans, but I used Delta because they are the only carrier out of my little home town.

Having started a new year with Delta, I'm only "Silver" now, but on an upcoming trip, if space is available in 1st, both me and my traveling partner will be upgraded. Not a bad program. Just remember that the status you have at booking controls, not at the time of the flight.

Judge:

Pretty good summary. Platinum is 75,000 miles a year, and Diamond is 150,000. Diamond also gives you free airline lounge access, but a lot of folks don't know you can get in to the KLM club or the Star Alliance lounges if you are Gold.

You can also get lifetime award status. I am lifetime Gold on United for flying a million miles, and lifetime silver for flying a million on NW/Delta. I think I get lifetime Gold when I hit 2 million.

But these awards cause you to not want to use your miles on your own travel, as you don't get credit for flying.

When you are Plat you get a 1:1 match; Diamond is a 1 to 1.25 match. Gold is a 50% match. I think Gold on United is a 100 percent match.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote