New
Find
Notify
Tools

PHs changing concessions.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi guys, Im not going to mention names but I recieved an email from my Ph on the 01-5-07 to say that he will be starting a new guiding service in Jan 08 bigger better bla bla, photos of the camps etc etc,now thats sounds great, I even sent him an email saying so! but today I have received an email telling me that he is all ready at the new concession, moving out of where he was soon,hope this ok wtih you and see you at the airport!

ARRRR!! What to do?? any advise, does this happen fequently, whats the normal out come If any!!
It has left me feeling very stunned and gutted .

Regards Runas Confused

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Runas
I can relate! I tried to send a PM but I'm not very good a this stuff.
I think I got the same email you recieved. Try to PM me and we can share info.

Posts: 284 | Location: Hayden, Colorado | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If it's Dirk your talking about I can tell you it's totally out of his control. I don't know what happened with the old landowner. But this is what I know as fact.

The ranch concession was really hurt by fires late last fall. This would not have been bad but this year they are going through a big drought.. No new grass and many of the animals moved off the ranch into areas that weren't affected by the fire. Because of this Dirk started hunting a relatives concession up north. Something happened with the old land owner, I don't want to speculate. What ever happened happened. Dirk is no longer hunting on the Seibe ranch and the land owner has used a helicopter to captured many animals and taken them off the ranch. ! ?

The good news is some very good friends mine just got back from hunting and touring with Dirk for 30 days (May- first of June ) . They stayed and hunted on both concessions. All of them told me his new concession is ten times better! More animals, huge area and a fanatic lodge . With Dirks new partnership "Omalang Safaris" Controls over 250..000 acres!

Having to move a complete lodge in the peak season was no easy task ! This change over has been really hard on Dirk and Rita. If you are truly worried, email them with your questions. Remember they might take a few days to get back to you . This is the peak of the season .

I spent a month hunting Dirk and Rita a few years back They are some of the nicest honest people in the african hunting industry . I will be hunting with them is September and I can wait to see the new area!

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought I would do the right thing and tell you all that my Ph has been in contact with me already and has given me a full explanation of what has happen and things are still OK.
Im still not going to mention names but all I can say is that I feel that my wife and I are going to be extremly well looked after by our Ph
and staff.

Smiling again
Runas
dancing

War is inevitable, if idiots are in charge of countries

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2006Reply With Quote