THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Charles DeGaulle Airport and Air France Lounges

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charles DeGaulle Airport and Air France Lounges
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted
I'll be flying Air France later this year and will have a long layover in Paris, i.e., about 12 hours. I would like to get some rest and maybe even sleep after arriving and was wondering if the Air France lounge to which I'll have complimentary access or some other place would be adequate to accomplish this.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grumulkin:
I'll be flying Air France later this year and will have a long layover in Paris, i.e., about 12 hours. I would like to get some rest and maybe even sleep after arriving and was wondering if the Air France lounge to which I'll have complimentary access or some other place would be adequate to accomplish this.

I don't think any of the Air France lounges at CDG have sleeping facilities, but several have showers. If I rememeber correctly showers are only available in the lounges in the duty free zone, but then again it may depend on the specific lounge within Terminal 2 (such as 2F or 2D, etc). You should be able to get this information from their Flying Blue website. I think all of the Air France lounges close around 10PM, so if you've got an overnight layover you will be best off in an airport hotel.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yES THEY DO AT LEAST THEY DID 3 YEARS AGO. KIND OF HIDDEN. CHECK WITH THE DESK WHEN YOU ARRIVE.
I THINK THEY HAVE 4 IN THE LOUNGE I WAS IN.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
when i had a 12 hour layover in Paris 6 years ago, i took the metro directly into downtown Paris from the airport( had a good night's sleep on the 10 hour flight over). arrived about 8 AM and was strolling the Champ Elleysee(sp?)before 10 AM. 8 hours of leisurely strolling, then back on the outbound leg to Joburg. AF has a lot of First/Business lounges in CDG and i am betting at least some have sleeping rooms though.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13220 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

A couple more questions:

1. May I presume there are lockers or some other safe way to leave carryon baggage at the airport while one goes strolling in Paris?

2. Is the metro marked clearly enough that a first time in Paris dummy like myself won't be likely to get lost?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
metro signing is easy. as to lockers, not that i saw but there are cubicles at the lounge check desk to stick things in- but i would take anything valuable with me in a small tote bag/backpack. after all you will want your camera/passport, etc. there are several metro trains that run to downtown Paris but i took the one that ends at the Arche de Triomphe( sp?) go online and a google search should give you a map of the various routes and where they end. as an aside, i did the exact same thing 2 years ago when i had a 12 layover at Heathrow. took the express train to Paddington station, got off and walked through Hyde Park to Buckingham Palace, watched the changing of the guard, then off to a pub for lunch and a Guiness. then back on the train to Heathrow. thoroughly enjoyable way to spend time in a beautiful city PROVIDED YOU GOT SOME SLEEP ON THE FLIGHT OVER.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13220 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this is a train connected to the metro lines inside Paris.

main connections will be at gare du nord station and notre dame (middle of paris).

avoid any ticket sellers that are not official (even if they pretend to helps) and take the direct trains from CDG to downtown.

just check on the panels and the highlighted stations.

Posts: 1775 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SBP
posted Hide Post
A little pricey but the Sheraton Paris Airport hotel has rooms for the day. Located inside the airport itself.

Posts: 41 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grumulkin:
Thanks guys.

A couple more questions:

1. May I presume there are lockers or some other safe way to leave carryon baggage at the airport while one goes strolling in Paris?

2. Is the metro marked clearly enough that a first time in Paris dummy like myself won't be likely to get lost?

I wouldn't assume that any lockers are available, at any airport in the world for that matter, since 9/11. I could be wrong about the Paris airport but I have no recollection of ever seeing any.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can i ask which Class you're flying (Biz, 1st?)? And, are you an FF member on Skyteam?

There are sleeping facilities in certain lounges. I would suggest you call AF directly to confirm. I can help if you provide some detail, no worries.

O

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I have a business class ticket purchased with Delta SkyMiles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
;( sorry, you can have a massage until 4pm, but beds only in the 1st class lounge

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote