Find
Notify
Tools

What are you paying?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted
At Reno I talked with a friend who is flying to Harare just about every year, but he is paying about $750 less than I am. He also has to make an additional connection in the USA that I do not have to make. Both of us are using well known agents for sporting travel.

I'm paying in the neighborhood of $2750 for Delta ATL-JNB-HRE and return in June and/or July.

So, what are you paying / quoting for comparable travel this year.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I was quoted $2,700 from LAX-NY-Jo'berg-Bulawayo but used 90,000 airmiles and $145 instead.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12556 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
$2100 LEX-ATL-JNB-WDH May

Did Skymiles for Biz class going to MOZ for this July-Aug, LEX-ATL-JNB-Pemba this year (had to pay for JNB to Pemba at $850). The guy traveling with me is paying quite a bit more to do this one than guys flying through Dulles. I think it is because we have to switch from Delta to SAA - instead of SAA all the way. That would be the same for you Will, I assume to HRE. Our tix were close to $2700 last year going to HRE via ATL.

I have checked flights over for next Feb/March, and the ATL-JNB part is only $1150, then $385 to HRE. Of course off season...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just booked through Gracy for LFT-ATL-JNB-HRE in August for $2,190.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
I have been quoted between $1,550 and $2,200 for flights originating in Atl and ending up in Lusaka for May by Steve Turner. The $1,550 flight actually has a stop in Harare. Will, have your agent check the price using Ethiopian Airlines. I bet you will save a grand at least. I believe it will be Atl-Wash-Addis-Harare

George

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
Business class Charleston-Atlanta-Joberg-Harare $6500

Departing Aug 29
Return Sept 11

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$2400 SAT-IAD-JNB-HRE. leaving in late May

Posts: 150 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 30 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TPA-DFW-AMS-JRO about $6500 Buisness/First Class.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mohan
posted Hide Post
Gracie travels made the bookings. CMH - JNB -CMH
fare is $ 1984 /-
second Leg JNB - POLOKWANE- JNB Is $ 340/-
Total Fare $ 2324/-
Columbus Ohio To Dulles to Dakar to JNB to Polokwane ( ZIM ) & return.
I overnight at Africa Sky JNB as against the Airport hotel since Gracic told me it was a bit less expensive but nicer atmosphere. ( $ 125/-)
Leave 1st week of August , two week hunt .

Posts: 97 | Location: columbus, ohio | Registered: 04 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sc to nj to germany to jo-burg to zambia
business class $5200

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote