New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pick Your Airline!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
when i flew first class from LA to Joburg via Abu Dhabi on Etihad 3 months ago, i was told the ticket would have cost $12,500 had i not used AA freq flyer miles. and yes having your own compartment with sliding doors was quite nice....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Iwas under the impression that the only way to get to Joburg from the US w/AA miles was through London and that was ill advised because of the way London treats travelers with firearms. I have tried to accumulate Delta miles for that reason. What are the options using AA miles from the US to Joburg?

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 482 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can use AA miles to book tickets on Etihad as they are partners. From a cursory look at the number of miles required to Africa Ethihad awards are a lot cheaper than Delta and they also have a first class product on many flights as well as business whereas Delta only has business.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jason,
Thought you would be in the air about now.
Good luck in Uganda.

Posts: 437 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 20 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaglav:
You can use AA miles to book tickets on Etihad as they are partners. From a cursory look at the number of miles required to Africa Ethihad awards are a lot cheaper than Delta and they also have a first class product on many flights as well as business whereas Delta only has business.

right you are. AA/Etihad flights are fewer miles than Delta. from Abu Dhabi to Joburg it is only 2 classes of service but the "business" cabin puts Delta Business Elite to shame.Etihad flies direct to Abu D from Chicago, NY, LA, Washington, and soon from Dallas. more US routes scheduled to open next year. then it's on to Joburg. Unfortunately, i don't think the Residence first class 3 room suite will be available for freq fl pissers yers

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave:

Thanks! Flew from Los Angeles to London yesterday and am spending the night. Fly to Dubai and then on to Entebbe Monday night.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'll pick VietJet

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102026586

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12545 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I'll pick VietJet

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102026586

Must be the Asian version of Hooters Air.... and we know how long that lasted! hilbily

Posts: 5700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote