THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Qatar Airlines what are your experiences?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Qatar Airlines what are your experiences?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Greetings

I'm interested in anyone's experiences is in flying Qatar airlines. How was the service? What about handling firearms? They fly out of Philadelphia. I would prefer that option over using JFK from where i live. A forum search did not yield too many hits. Thanks.

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I have flown Qatar many times, but without any firearms.

Their service is very good, as all the services from the airlines in our region.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66986 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I live in your area and have flown to Africa from NY, DC and Atlanta. I haven't tried Qatar from Philly which would be convenient. I checked their flight schedules and it doesn't look like you can get to Joberg without making a stop along the way which adds a good bit of travel time .

I've found that the early morning flight on SAA out of NY to be the best. No stops in Dakar and you get to Joberg early in the day so you can make connecting flights without an overnight stay in RSA.

I flew out of NY this past May for a trip to Botswana. No problems either way with guns at the airport. In 2012 I also flew out of NY and took a shuttle from King of Prussia to the airport. Cost $160 R/T.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2305 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote