THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Ethiopian Airlines 2-for 1 to Africa

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ethiopian Airlines 2-for 1 to Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted
But it expires Mar 31:

http://www.gadling.com/2009/02...218575059x1201184487

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2 people for one ticket, or 2 crashes for 1 flight shocker??

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
butchloc

You might check Ethiopian Airlines records and reputation before posting, lest anyone take your post seriously.

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Crash landing in Somolia... animal

Survive the crash and become a political prisoner... Eeker

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ethiopian is probably the BEST Airline in Africa South African Airways INCLUDED.
(There was a time when I would have said SAA excluded). They fly 767's and were the first African Airlines to get them They have a bunch of 787's coming at which time their direct flight to Addis Ababa from Washington Dulles will no longer stop in Rome but be non stop.
I'm flying them again to Ethiopia February 18th. Their business class is super and quite reasonable conpared to the Air Nazi (LH).
Boeing has a maintence center is Addis Ababa and services most of the Boeing's in Africa there. Bole Airport is a new state of the art facility. If anyone wants to use Ethiopian you should know that Kathi, who posts here often, is their new rep. in Chicago. I'm looking forward to my next trip back to Addis Ababa on ET. I've used them to get to both Zim and SA from there in the past.
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The wife just returned from Ethiopia. She said flights, staff and aircraft were way better than Lufthansa or SAA.

One of the others with her timed the stop in Rome. Scheduled to be 45 minutes, they pushed back in 51.

Dulcinea

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It never ceases to amaze me how quickly people come on here and bash/trash/criticize things they don't have a clue about.

Thanks Rich/Dulcinea for some real, factual information about what appears to be the "best" airline in Africa right now. You would think this would be a factor for some, rather than spouting crap, as a lot of us here use this type of service?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of robncolorado
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
It never ceases to amaze me how quickly people come on here and bash/trash/criticize things they don't have a clue about.

Thanks Rich/Dulcinea for some real, factual information about what appears to be the "best" airline in Africa right now. You would think this would be a factor for some, rather than spouting crap, as a lot of us here use this type of service?

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Agreed Larry- please note, Ethiopian has been flying since 1945! and since 1970, they have had 2 crashes. 1 was a hijacking and the second was bird injestion. Now both of these have occurred on US carriers in recent times (911 and US Air a few weeks ago) and yet I didnt hear a peep of bad mouthing at them.

Here is a link to a site that provides info on airline safety with specific info on Ethiopian.

http://www.airsafe.com/events/airlines/eth.htm

Posts: 558 | Location: Durango, CO | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHowell:
butchloc

You might check Ethiopian Airlines records and reputation before posting, lest anyone take your post seriously.

Les

Absolutely. I've flown them in the past. They're the only African carrier I would willingly climb aboard, and that includes the "new" SAA.

The crash in the Indian Ocean was the result of a hijacking, not any fault of the crew or the airline. And if the captain had just raised his left wing a couple of feet, they would likely have made a safe ditching. He did his best in the middle of a damned bad situation.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote