THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Turkish Air Baggage question

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turkish Air Baggage question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted
Does anyone know if Turkish considers the rifle case as one of your checked bags (Business Class)? Ive flown Turkish many times with my rifle but always only had one other checked bag. Not sure if my Tajikistan trip will require to bags plus my rifle or if i can get away with one..

I cant find it anywhere in their baggage policy but I seem to recall some airlines clsssifed the firearms separately..

Just curious I guess - really doesn’t matter in the end, just have to pay the fee LOL

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 893 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Scott,
I've experience both. Generally turkish has taken the rifle free of charge as part of the total baggage allowance. For example, I've flown to Turkey often and was never charged.

I've experienced only on flights to Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan that Turkish has charged a fee for the rifle even though we didn't max out our luggage.
I complained but was told that there is a fee for rifles.

So I guess my reply is not helpful here, because it's still unclear Big Grin

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I flew Business Class to Mongolia in August on TA and they did count my rifle case as one piece of luggage. It was in a Tuffpak by the way...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am almost certain everything depends on the individual who checks you in.

See those who would go out of their way to help.

And the odd obnoxious idiots who seems to have gotten on the wrong side of them!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote