THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Air France Threatens Strike In May

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Air France Threatens Strike In May
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone taking Air France or flying through de Gaulle in May might want to change their plans.

Striking over their right to strike... cuckoo

quote:

French airline pilots threaten month-long strike… over their right to strike

By TARA BRADY PUBLISHED: 11:20 EST, 29 April 2014

Pilots' union unhappy about the rules surrounding right to strike

The strike is being organised by the union SNLP France Alpa

Unions do not think companies need to be informed 48 hours staff strike

This is so airlines can get information to affected passengers in advance

Unions believe this law undermines the impact of their industrial action

Air France plans to cancel a number of flights as a result of possible national strike action throughout May. The month-long strike is because France's biggest pilots' union is unhappy about the rules surrounding their right to strike. Air France has said it believes the delays and cancellations could threaten its recovery.

The strike is being organised by the union SNLP France Alpa and will last between May 3 and May 30.

A spokesman for the airline said in a statement: 'This strike action is unusual both for its significance, lasting nearly a month, as well as for its methods which will penalize Air France flights at two peak times of day.'

France's largest pilots union is calling for strikes for two hours in the morning and three hours in the afternoon and most of the affected flights will be cancelled, Air France said in a statement.

Unions want a law repealed that forces pilots to inform their companies that they intend to go on strike for 48 hours before the walk-out. This is because airlines need to get information to affected passengers in advance.

Connections at the Charles de Gaulle Paris airport, north of Paris, would also be affected

However, unions believe this law undermines the impact of their industrial action because it allows airlines to draft in pilots from other countries.
A recent EasyJet strike did not result in any flight delays or cancellations despite the fact that 85 percent of pilots walked-out, according to the union.
Air France CEO Frédéric Gagey has sent an open letter to the president of the union calling for him stop the strike.

'To avoid this situation and out of respect for its customers, Air France will be forced to cancel the majority of flights operated by striking pilots.
'Only a very limited number of flights will be rescheduled,' it said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...e.html#ixzz30Occpo3s

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
I really don't see how the French economy survives with their economic, taxation, and labor policies.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Friggen unions..........screw 'em all!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess next they will want a 20 hour work week with two months paid holiday...

RSA will be next.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
I guess next they will want a 20 hour work week with two months paid holiday...

RSA will be next.

Roll Eyes

I think they already have that.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
as i have stated repeatedly recently, Aw F--k is the worst excuse for an airline that i can think of. if you are lazy, stupid and/or incompetent, you will feel right at home working there. no wonder France's economy is stagnant.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13170 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I USED to regularly fly Air France as my airline of choice from NYC to Paris and return. A complimentary digestif or two, even in steerage class, after dinner is hardly worth the strike-related hastle. Been stranded once by it, not again.

Posts: 84 | Location: Eastern USA | Registered: 08 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
As far as I can tell the strike was cancelled. I flew out of CDG on Cinco de Mayo, but flew Kenya Airways because it was convenient for me. Everything seemed business as usual at CDG.

http://www.thelocal.fr/2014050...ff-month-long-strike

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wink - So the pilots were all pissy because they wanted the right to strike at any moment rather than having to inform the airline 48 hours in advance?

Who would want to risk a hunting trip on Air France? How do they expect to keep Air France in operation if no one wants to fly them? Not too bright it seems.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I hardly expect unions to be bright, but it looks like they figured this one out.