Find
Notify
Tools

Johannesburg to Gonerezhou
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
Can anyone recommend an outfit that would take a party of three from Johannesburg, tour Kruger for a day/overnight, and then deliver to the Malapati safari area (borders Gonerezhou) in Zimbabwe, then make return trip 15 days later? What would you anticipate the cost to be? I'm looking at 2012.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bushwack
posted Hide Post
SBT,

I can deliver you to Malapati Game Reserve area and know the KNP quite well. There is a few options to get there, any suggestion like Beitbridge or Crooks corner (Goes through the KNP). Will PM you

Dream it...Discover it...Experience it...

Patrick Reynecke
Outfitter and Professional Hunter
Bushwack Safaris
Box 1736
Rustenburg

North West Province
South Africa
www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
Cell: +27 82 773 4099
Email: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Posts: 291 | Location: North-West Province, South Africa | Registered: 17 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott,

Patrick is a good option - Patrick just dont try go through Moz, it is a real ball ache with firearms and paperwor.

you have two options

1- beit bridge, straight up to Chiredzi via tar road.... read goats, dogs, donkeys, cattle, mad truck drivers, etc, etc, etc

2- hit beit bridge then cut through Nuanetsi, i can give directions closer to the time, the road is not pleasant but hey its better than traveling via scotch cart.

shout if i can help.

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
And Aubrey, what would it cost to charter this route?

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cheapest one can get a return flight from Jhb - Gona is roughly R 44 000 ZAR in a 402. not cheap at all, so maybe do something to the rand dollar so that it goes for a ball of $%@^

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Thanks you guys.

Patrick, I haven't received a PM. My e-mail address is also in my profile.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bushwack
posted Hide Post
Scott,

PM send last night, my apology again...

Dream it...Discover it...Experience it...

Patrick Reynecke
Outfitter and Professional Hunter
Bushwack Safaris
Box 1736
Rustenburg

North West Province
South Africa
www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
Cell: +27 82 773 4099
Email: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Posts: 291 | Location: North-West Province, South Africa | Registered: 17 June 2009Reply With Quote