THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Frankfurt- Best day hotel close to airport?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Frankfurt- Best day hotel close to airport?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a long layover coming up at the end of this month, any recommendations are appreciated

thanks

Posts: 186 | Location: langley,BC | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would get a day pass for the Delta Crown Room and save the cash. It has very nice showers, food and drinks. My wife and I have made the trip to Namibia twice. 1st time we got a dayroom at the Sherato. 2nd time- the Crown Room. In both cases, we took showers and headed into town for a schnitzel and beer.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We stayed in a Holiday Inn Express I think it was...a ways from the airport but they sent a shuttle to pick us up and returned us.

Across the street there is a park that has a couple cafe/beer garden/resturants.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try the Mercure. They provide a free shuttle from the airport. Nice small hotel with good food and bar.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 619 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton which is connected to the airport via skywalk. The day rooms are available from 8 a.m to 6 p.m. We took showers, ordered room service, streched out and had a nap. Cool

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When my dad and I traveled in mid-august to Namibia we went to the Delta Crown Room and it was only 50 bucks. Showers, food and beer. I drank lots of beer and got my moneys worth! Maybe that was why the day went by fast.

Posts: 103 | Location: southern wisconsin | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jorge400
posted Hide Post
I stayed at the Holiday Inn Frankfurt (I believe) - not the Holiday Inn Express, although I ended up there by mistake. The advantage I would say it has over the Holiday Inn Express is that it has a decent restaurant/beer garden in the hotel if that matters.

"...Africa. I love it, and there is no reason for me to explore why. She affects some people that way, and those who feel as I do need no explanation." from The Last Safari

Posts: 839 | Location: Cumming, Georgia USA | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want to get a nap and not just shower and drink beer, try the Sheraton. You can push your cart there. No sweat.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stayed at the Mercure. It rained all day but the food in the Hotel was good. Shuttle both ways and they took me to the right gate.
Park nearby. Reasonable

Posts: 121 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of edholum
posted Hide Post
We stayed at the Sheraton connected to the airport! Didnt have to go outside or take a cab anywhere. Was able to have a nap, shower, and eat. It was very convenient.

"Conservation through Hunting"

Posts: 260 | Location: SE South Dakota | Registered: 20 April 2009Reply With Quote