THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Recent bow or crossbow travelers

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recent bow or crossbow travelers
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted
My wife and I are now under 60 days for our second trip to South Africa. This time we will be hunting with our crossbows. Just wondering if anyone has had problems in JNB or their return leg? Did TSA happen to ask for a 4457? Thanks.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Went in May not 1 problem on either end.On Delta.

There is nothing as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Posts: 265 | Location: south texas | Registered: 30 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Highlander7:
My wife and I are now under 60 days for our second trip to South Africa. This time we will be hunting with our crossbows. Just wondering if anyone has had problems in JNB or their return leg? Did TSA happen to ask for a 4457? Thanks.

Highlander: Customs can ask for proof of ownership/purchase place on any item of value in your possession. Most people are never asked for 4457s for camera body, lens, watches, jewelry, scopes, binoculars, etc. If you are worried about confiscation or taxation of an item --crossbow-- you might be best served getting a 4457 and calling it done.

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Went through Atlanta two weeks ago with two bows in a double bow case. No issues regarding 4477. I did not have one and they did not ask for one.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2635 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote