THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    CPAP travel battery suggestions

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CPAP travel battery suggestions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted
The CPAP battery that I have only had about 18 months and used less than a dozen nights will no longer take a proper charge and has failed --- dang!--- The outfit I bought it from for about $300 has told me that since it was over a year old they would not help --- I will not be buying from them again but now in the hunt for a new battery ---any qualified /experienced suggestions appreciated.
Also have read that typically insurance will not cover the cost of a travel battery --whats up with that?
ARGUH!!
TKS
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 928 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At little DIY might be in order. Many of these units use a fairly standard gel-cel battery setup. Open it up and see what size it is. You can often get a replacement battery for a fraction of the cost of the whole unit.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?im...=0CHIQ9QEwBg&dur=517

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not leave the machine home and get a script for Provent.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:

In my case, I've been using CPAP for 15 years - every night. Can't sleep without it. Not taking it along would disrupt my sleep more than not.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been on my CPAP maching for about 8 years. The Provent is maybe not quite as good as the machine but for 2 or 3 weeks it has done just fine for me, but everyone is different. I also have used mine every night except when I travel to the bush. I took the CPAP maching to Africa a couple of years before finding Provent. I also fried a battery in Binga along Lake Kariba, luckly I had a converter and they hooked up 3 12 volt marine batteries and they lasted all night - 2 would not do it.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a ResMed VPAP machine and will be taking it to Moz in a week for a 35 day trip. I am taking the ResMed Power Station setup. Comes with the battery, convertor, 12 volt adaptor(can recharge battery with cig lighter in vehicle), also hookup to a regular 12 volt battery as well as working with a generator in camp. My insurance covered 100% of the VPAP, Humidifier and Power Station.

Will report back on it's ease of use, durability
and effectivness when I return.

I know you can buy CPAP type batteries from several websites. One is cpapman.com Good luck.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not sure how this (Provent) works and a bit short on time to do a trial run --- sooooooooo--- the battery I had before worked very well -- while it worked -- then kaput!---- now simply will not take a sufficient charge -- looking for new battery
TKS
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 928 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote