New
Find
Notify
Tools

Africa Sky House
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am sitting in the Africa Sky House right now; I must say I love the service. Steve Turner recommended it. First of all, the Delta guy in PHX checked my bags all the way to Windhoek, even though I asked him not ot; he replied they will come of the belt at JNB. Well, they didn't. Long story short: my meet and greet guy from ASH stayed with me for 90 minutes until the Delta guy at JNB tracked down my bag.

Dinner was wonderful; beautifully cooked fillet, salad, choice of sides, and three deserts (not a choice - I had all three).

For $285 bucks, I thought it was a good deal, especially after paying that much for an "upscale" Tanzanian hotel.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John,

Glad your luggage problem got straightened out. Those meet/greet services are worth their weight in gold if you have any issues. I highly recommend them to everyone traveling through O.R. Tembo.

Best of luck with Mr. Spots.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13018 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Staying at ASG has become a part of every trip that I truly look forward to. Diedre and Schutte are the best, and tat fillet is nice. Have a great trip.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Afrika Sky is a great way to start out your hunting trip.
Good luck on your hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys; I am at the SAA lounge now getting ready to fly.

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Yes their Lounge is quite comfortable also. Wink

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Staying at Africa Sky is awesome / stress free way to start your trip.

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Good luck with spots

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I loved my stay there.
First class all the way.
Honor bar is nice.

Timing is perfect arriving via Delta from Atlanta.

Get luggage, clear SAPS, drive to AS, clean up, dinner, bed.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Yes, good luck on the leopard! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have stayed at Africa Sky twice now. It is wonderful and MS. Diedre is a fine and gracious Hostess.

That Filet is a killer!!!!!!!!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Have stayed there twice and will again in about two months. Love their service and the Filet.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Upton O. Good
posted Hide Post
Africa Sky is excellent, very comfortable, great staff but use caution. Pay very close attention to their dessert menu, If they have the lemon cheesecake and vanilla ice cream, you do NOT want to miss that. It is incredible.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stay at the Africa sky coming and going every time to either wind down or wind up. Makes the trip so much easier...the only problem is that if we keep talking about it, it's getting to get harder to get a reservation.....oh...the price for progress

Posts: 259 | Location: Marietta, Georgia | Registered: 04 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
16th today...How did it go?

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A terrific spot indeed. Enjoy

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.Dahlgren:
16th today...How did it go?

No leopard. Only saw them on the trail cam. But hey, for $7,000, 14 days with all the bait I could shoot, it was a good deal. Did shoot a 38.5 inch gembok bull, a klipspringer, steenbok, and zebra. Also shot 3 jackals and two baboons, plus a gemsbok for bait.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
stayed there last Oct on my way back from my elephant hunt in the Caprivi- absolutely loved it. my biggest regret is when i head back to the Caprivi this Oct for buff, i only have 4 hours in Joburg each way, so overnight stay not required....

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13429 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the service of Africa Sky in 2009 and 2011.From meet and greet,to wonderful food and spotless,large and well appointed rooms,to a very professional staff this family business fills the bill for the tired traveler. Someday ,I'll have to spend a few nights there to enjoy in a less scheduled fashion the hospitality. Jim

Posts: 136 | Location: Great Falls,MT | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
quote:
and tat fillet

I have to ask? What is a TAT Fillet? Confused

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm scheduled to stay there on July 15th. I tried to get a reservation at Afton but they were full.

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote