THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    Meet-and-Greet and Rifle Assistance in Durban.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meet-and-Greet and Rifle Assistance in Durban.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does either riflepermits.com or hunterssupport.com have a presence in Durban?

If not, is there a company there that offers these services in Durban?

Thanks in advance for any details.

Posts: 355 | Location: CO | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pinotguy,

You should not need any assistance in Durban as you will probably arrive in JHB first or will you be flying direct to Durbans new international airport?

i might have a contact with Bidvest Air Services who can assist you

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aubrey,

I have been looking at the new routes on Emirates, one of which goes directly to Durban from Dubai. (They are also offering a Dubai-Capetown flight now too.) This is much more appealing to me than dealing with Johannesburg so I would be intersted in knowing if these types of services are available in Durban.

Thanks and if you happen to have any leads, I'd love to hear them.

Posts: 355 | Location: CO | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Turner - Total Travel Solutions
posted Hide Post
Pinotguy - re-checked this with Henry Durrheim at www.riflepermits.com as earlier this year he had checked and they were not issuing permits on arrival.

Just received the following email from him :

quote:
Just spoke to Sergeant Alwar (Tel 0324360508) at the Ushaka International Airport, new airport. Yes this is still the case. The clients need to have pre-approved permits with them when they arrive or they can go and apply for permits at Durban Central Police station in the city.

Henry has said he would be able to assist with the necessary permits and send them to you.

Steve Turner
Travel With Guns
210-858-9833
steve@travelwithguns.com

www.travelwithguns.com

Posts: 138 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote