New
Find
Notify
Tools

Global Entry
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How long did it take to get an approval for Global Entry.

We are traveling February 29, enough time?

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately unknown, but you are unlikely to have it by then. There was a surge of applications post-COVID and the gov't is processing these glacially. I applied for my wife and I in August, and our applications still show "pending review." After that, one has to schedule an interview, and then wait longer.

Posts: 110 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 07 October 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any thoughts about Pre Check?

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
TSA Precheck will help in Security Lines... not so much when passing through Customs. If you get Global Entry and enter the redress number on your airline profile you will usually get TSA Precheck.

I am in the queue for approval for the third 5 year period which expires on my birthday this year. I followed instructions on an email I was sent about 6 months ago that said if I applied early I would get an extra year added but so far I am stll showing "pending review" as well.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Around 11 month wait time is what they are putting out, but some are getting approved much quicker. “The points guy” website has a pretty informative article regarding this.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2743 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
TSA Precheck will help in Security Lines... not so much when passing through Customs. If you get Global Entry and enter the redress number on your airline profile you will usually get TSA Precheck.

I am in the queue for approval for the third 5 year period which expires on my birthday this year. I followed instructions on an email I was sent about 6 months ago that said if I applied early I would get an extra year added but so far I am stll showing "pending review" as well.

I am sure you mean Trusted Traveler number and not Redress number. If you have a Redress number you would have a similar names of someone who can't fly.

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
I sent in my renewal the first week in April (2023) a little over 7 months ago and I am still waiting to hear if it was approved. And if approved, I would then set up an appointment for my in person interviewed if it was determined if I needed one.

they did ask me what time period that I was looking to travel out of the country and I let them know that I was looking to travel in 2024.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1572 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see the precheck process is much quicker. That is what I will do for now. If I would have only kept my Haz Mat endorsement!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I applied earlier this year while I was on Guam for business. It literally took me four business days from the time of application to completing the interview and getting approved.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Global?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Global Entry. I got notice that my Precheck was expiring, and decided to go GE since I am doing a lot of international travel now. I expected it to take months as it says on their website, so I started the process immediately so I wouldn’t have to go without Known Traveler status. I was shocked at how fast it all happened.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote