THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN TRAVEL FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Travel Forum    South African Air luggage question

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South African Air luggage question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
How do you rate South African Air for Atlanta to Vic Falls?

Can I get my firearms checked all they way from Atlanta to Vic Falls?

Thanks!!

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1288 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I fly twice most years from coastal Georgia to ATL, then to JNB on Delta, then on BA to Victoria Falls. Arrival in JNB on Delta in the late afternoon requires an RON there, but it also gives one a chance to make sure guns/luggage are on the plane to VFW the next morning instead of in some luggage room (or some dudes crib?).

I kind of like having my hands on my stuff in JNB and enjoy the time at the Afton House. Tony Black who posts here, plans on two days at Afton to get un-jetlagged and assure he has his luggage. Not a bad idea.

In March, Biebs and I will spend one night at Afton, then one night in Bulawayo to fight some jet lag, relax pre-safari and give bags a chance to get to us if delayed. Not having your favorite rifle on safari, sucks.

I believe you must fly north to JFK or Dulles if you fly SAA out of ATL and then stop at Dakar enroute to refuel, both ways, at that. I've not flown that route in two years, but when I did, I checked my bags through to VFW and they weren't but a day late.

IMHO, the less plane changes, the less chance of your bags gettin pilfered or ending up in Madrid. That's why I fly Delta.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
probably the only way to go. whatever you do don't go air zim. expect the flight to be delayed

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote