THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Erfurt is complete. pics are up.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Erfurt is complete. pics are up.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
Haven't tried any handloads yet. Shoots 140 grain Hornady Match factory loads at 1.5 at 100 yards. Not a bad place to start. This is my second stock project made from a semi-inlet using my well-dried hunk of Claro. I did the final shaping (3 tries on the schnable end) Satin hot blue done by Ted Ulmer who also did a fine job cutting and chambering the Douglas 6 groove barrel, headspacing, contouring of the action and the Sunny hill/1909 Argy bottom metal, and the install & timing on the Wisner shroud/safety. See other post for excess play issue. Tim Smith-Lyon did the checkering. Scope is a VX-3 Leupy 2.5-8X36.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5166 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Love the fiddle back in your stock! tu2

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
I like the stock lines. Clean & simple. tu2

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a fine looking piece.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
lovely rifle! great wood and a well done bolt handle! i like the length of said handle, as opposed to those done too short at times.

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
724wd. Thanks. I like a bolt handle that I can grab in a hurry. Ted Ulmer did the metal work and a fine job especially on the hollow bolt handle.

Posts: 5166 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep up the good work! Looks great.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks Butch.