New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifles by Rue
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anybody had any experience w/ him. Asking because I grew up w/ his wife and just reconnected w/ her on facebook. He has some nice looking rifles he built and used in New Zealand on Red stag. I would like to give him some work. Thanks.

The things you see when you don't have a gun.
NRA Endowment Life Member
Proud father of an active duty
Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know a Clifton Rue from the Houston, tx area that built rifles. Is this the same Rue?
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's him. Just saw his wife, Denise yesterday after about 20+ yrs, at a benefit for an ailing friend of ours. But he couldn't make it.

Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before I started building my own, Clifton built one for one of my Grandsons about 15 yrs. ago. It is a nice rifle. He used to be a very good BR shooter and quit to ride Harleys. I lost touch with him.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what I understand from his wife,Denise(whom I've know for about 43yrs), he quit Harley's and went back to rifles. Which in IMO is a great choice, but then that's just me. She's gonna set up a meeting at their place so I can talk to him about some rifle work. I'll keep you informed.

Submariner... Go NAVY!

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thx. Nice lookin rifle. Lookin to re-chamber my FN Mauser from 30'06 to something a little more potent. I'm think 416 Taylor or the like.

Submariner... Go NAVY!