THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Heym, Mauser 3000 or Texas Magnum?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heym, Mauser 3000 or Texas Magnum?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought a left handed 7mm Mag bolt gun with a Paul Jaeger custom stock from Cabelas. It appeared to me to be just like a Mauser 3000, which is the same as a Heym SR20. But one correspondent tells me it's a Ranger Arms Texas Magnum. It has two piece bottom metal like a Winchester 70, but the trigger is mounted on the trigger guard. It has a 60 degree bolt lift and a bolt body the same diameter as the 3 lug bolt head. Any ideas? Here is the gun: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1015796770

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2144 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think they are are a Kleinguenther.
I have one in 458, will dig out of safe and look

Posts: 1230 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
looks like a Tex Mag. This is a 300WM. sold a long time ago

Posts: 6401 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
The Kleinguenther were made by voere (Shikar model not M98)

Posts: 6401 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a Ranger Arms Texas Magnum. Thanks All!

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2144 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ranger Arms was a company down in I think Oklahoma. I remember an article about them in I think Gun Digest. If I remember correctly there was a Mashburn connected with the company. It was different in that the trigger was not connected to the action, but to the bottom metal.

Posts: 48 | Location: Elyria, Ohio USofA | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'd say good. Just too old a custom to be in a synthetic stoct.

Posts: 48 | Location: Elyria, Ohio USofA | Registered: 14 November 2003Reply With Quote