Well here is Don's summer project.

Will make a nice 10/22

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Should make a nice stock.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Should make a nice stock.

I think it will. Nice work, Paul.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did similar with my youngest son when he was 13. Rough finished that I had him complete short of the checkering, of course.

Posts: 1573 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Nice one Boxhead

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Noticing the centerline of the action is below the top of the wood. How did the wood to metal gap turn out around the barrel channel? Overall low profile looks great.

Mike Ryan - Gunsmith

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 31 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
very nice

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike in Michigan:
Noticing the centerline of the action is below the top of the wood. How did the wood to metal gap turn out around the barrel channel? Overall low profile looks great.

It turned out fine, well centered and light floated.

Posts: 1573 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boxhead:
I did similar with my youngest son when he was 13. Rough finished that I had him complete short of the checkering, of course.

How'd you do that? I couldn't get my 9 year old to sand his pine wood derby car for more than five minutes. Nice looking rifle.

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gzig5:
quote:
Originally posted by Boxhead:

How'd you do that? I couldn't get my 9 year old to sand his pine wood derby car for more than five minutes. Nice looking rifle.

Maybe it is called incentive you should have give her a rifle. Wink

Posts: 19393 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:

Been there done that. Mine told me he didn't mind helping but didn't want to learn how to do it. Was happy to be a "go for" but didn't want to have to think about it. At the same time would spend hours on end learning all the tricks of the new video game. Roll Eyes

As usual just my $.02
Paul K