New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dallas SCI
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody going next week? We should have a great turnout from the ACGG as they will have a big turn out. Come meet you custom gunsmith.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Planning on it Butch! Sorry to hear James Anderson won't make it this year but look forward to visiting with everyone else.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
Wish I could be there.
I need to stay home and get some projects done.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1841 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The ACGG part of the show was one of the highlights of the DSC show for me last year. The handiwork on display is the stuff dreams are made of.

Mike

Posts: 21359 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It will be a bit different this year, more gunmakers, but not a change in quality. Don't forget the dinner/auction on Friday evening. There are some great items on the auction list. I do hope to meet some of you guys, make sure you stop by and introduce yourself, and use your moniker so we can rcognize you from AR

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I echo Jim's request to make yourself known by your AR handle. I also wish to thank James Anderson for all of his work to make sure this year's show is a success. We will miss your smiling face.

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC

Posts: 311 | Location: Tygh Valley, OR | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably have a hard time finding me...I'm coming disguised as an old guy

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane,
You were old about 20yrs ago.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane, your smile will give you away every time! Kind of hard to be incognito with that smile!

Dennis Earl Smith
Professional Member ACGG
Benefactor Life NRA
Life NAHC

Posts: 311 | Location: Tygh Valley, OR | Registered: 05 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, Duane may not do that little job he agreed to do for me. Actually he couldn't be over 39.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:

That's a damn shame, since I was going to buy you a drink but I will probably not recognize you.

Mike

Posts: 21359 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to make it this year, can someone please take some photos (of the rifles, not the old guys) and post them?

Posts: 989 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I'll be there Friday.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch

I hope to see you there on Saturday.

I've been about 7 or 8 years in a row now. If anyone is straddling the fence I highly recomend going. Don't know if I will ever make it to Africa but it is a lot of fun just to window shop and meet a lot nice people in the business.

Craftsman

Posts: 1538 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe:

Maybe we should have a "Where's Wiebe?" contest. First one to recognize him in his new disguise wins a free copy of the "Gunmaker".

Actually, even if you will not admit to knowing Duane we will have a few issues of our magazine to give away. Stop in and say hey.

Glenn Fewless
VP ACGG

Posts: 254 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Obviously a bus load of comedians escaped Happy Jack's Tomato Ranch

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be there on Thursday and Friday. I have been just north of Dallas for 10 days. I came early so I could get a good seat. I am anxious to see Duane's old man disguise again. He needs to take better care of it. Have seen it for over twenty years and it gets more wrinkled each time I he wears it.

Sorry that Jim is not going to be there, we will just have to try to have a good time without him.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what the entry is for non associate members? Several people have asked me but I don't have an answer. What is the cost to get in DSC?

Posts: 322 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nick,
I believe it is $20.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nick, you only have to pay to get into the DSC show ($20/one day, $30/2 days, $40/3 days and $50/ 4 days). The ACGG booths are a part of the main show and not separate, although they are together.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought I would be there with my Grandson Sat. morning, but I may be there with 3 Grandsons.

One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Was there yesterday and the show is fantastic. So much to see! Had a good visit with several people. Leaving in about an hour to talk about a couple of projects and see the rest of the show!

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
Was at the show today. Had a nice chat with Jim Kobe who has done two beautiful rifles or me. One (338-06)is going to Spain this fall when I try to take a Gredos Ibex and a Spanish Red Deer. I really liked the Gun Makers Row. So many guns and not enough dollars.

Crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put a few faces together with names today. Freddie, Sure missed you. Wiebe only looked 10years older than I thought. I saw Tommy Kaye, an engraver, that I had looked for several years ago. David Christman stayed home to watch over his wife, she is not doing well at all. James Anderson said he was snowed under and couldn't make it. I guess Joe Seeley is moving to New York and couldn't make it.I visited with Reto Buehler and a few others. Sure were some nice rifles and shotguns there. A lot of real craftsmen. I think they are very happy with The DSC and the Dallas folks.
Oh Yeah, Kobe was there. He saw I was tired and then he offers my Grandson his chair. What a Buddy!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish I could have made it to meet everyone.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
I put a few faces together with names today. Freddie, Sure missed you. Wiebe only looked 10years older than I thought. I saw Tommy Kaye, an engraver, that I had looked for several years ago. David Christman stayed home to watch over his wife, she is not doing well at all. James Anderson said he was snowed under and couldn't make it. I guess Joe Seeley is moving to New York and couldn't make it.I visited with Reto Buehler and a few others. Sure were some nice rifles and shotguns there. A lot of real craftsmen. I think they are very happy with The DSC and the Dallas folks.
Oh Yeah, Kobe was there. He saw I was tired and then he offers my Grandson his chair. What a Buddy!

If I had given you a chair, I never would have gotten rid of you!

dancing

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Any photos for us to drool over?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
of the guns or kobes chair?? Big Grin

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll settle for the chair if there are any rifles in the background...

One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:

Same... I've got to make it to an ACGG exhibition one of these days.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:

Likewise, I am working very hard to make it next year if nothing else but to put faces to names!

Pictures of the rifles people! Pictures!

(Oh, and I'll pack my canon, so we can have lots of high quality pics)

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1488 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Customstox:
... I am anxious to see Duane's old man disguise again. He needs to take better care of it. Have seen it for over twenty years and it gets more wrinkled each time I he wears it.

Chic, this is priceless!

I wish to thank all of you on behalf of the ACGG for coming to our show, and to invite you all back for next year. We will be working to continually make it better.

We will have pictures of Duane's costume and everything else from this years show up in the near future on our website and we welcome you to visit.

http://www.acgg.org/

Best to all,

Glenn

Posts: 254 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Boss Hoss
posted Hide Post
Glen---it was a great show! Get to work now--need the you know what Wink. Shopping for the perfect blank for Doug to get started on the sxs. We have traded a few pics and found a Very Nice english graft blank. Have few very nice english blanks in the blank safe that really want to be "whittled" on.

This is what makes projects so fun!!

Posts: 1004 | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss Hoss:
Glen---it was a great show! Get to work now--need the you know what Wink. Shopping for the perfect blank for Doug to get started on the sxs. We have traded a few pics and found a Very Nice english graft blank. Have few very nice english blanks in the blank safe that really want to be "whittled" on.

This is what makes projects so fun!!
Sorry I'm late on here 'bout the Dallas show. It was my first visit to a major show with major custom builders. My Wife and I got in the door early Thursday morning. It was nice to match up a few faces to those who post here that attended. Hope you all had a good time and found some new business as well. So, that ol' guy in the corner was Wayne Dweibe? Just kidding Duane. It was a hoot to shake your hand.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote