Tools

Atkinson custom rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ray Atkinson,

Is this a rifle that you made?

Atkinson rifle for sale.

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know if he built it or not but it says it is a claw extractr, NOT. Maybe a little one,like a Sako extractor. Nice gun though.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
that's a sako action.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Sako action to me as well...

popcorn

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this rifle was built by the late-great Bill Atkinson, rather than great, and still above ground, Ray Atkinson.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3289 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
My bet is the former.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No sir, I did not make that rifle.

I've had several emails that tell me a 404 that I built is on Guns International or Guns America, can't remember which..Never checked it out, but they knew the gun. It was on a big Obendorf Mauser action. Dennis Olson did most of the metal work and I did some of the metal and did the stock on that rifle.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of igorrock
posted Hide Post
This rifle is a customized SAKO L61R. Caliber is probably original but barrels profile not so it has been changed. According to the serial number this rifle has been made in mid-1970`s.

Posts: 410 | Location: Finland | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonder if it was the Atkinson of Atkinson & Marquette(?) in Prescott, Arizona.

Back in the 70s, till they had a falling out, there was an Atkinson and Marquette?, (A&M) gunsmith company in Prescott, Arizona. They had quite a reputation for custom work. As I recall from an old article about them, Atkinson will then go to work for Ruger and then H&R, running their barrel production.

Posts: 194 | Location: Huffman, Tx | Registered: 30 November 2008Reply With Quote