THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Stiller Predator - anyone got any pics of their finished rifle(s) please?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stiller Predator - anyone got any pics of their finished rifle(s) please?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted
Dear all

I am going to build a rifle based on the Stiller Predator action (long with magnum bolt face).

Just to give me ideas I am looking for pictures of anyones rifle/rifles built on a Predator action.

The rifle will be chambered in 7mm Mag and I am thinking of something like a #3 non fluted sporter barrel but not sure yet.

Also what would anyone recommend for bottom metal? Stiller do mention that they are looking at making their own but not sure if they do yet.

Anyway any input and pictures very gratefully recieved.

Thanks

JB

PS also posted in "Gunsmithing"

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bottom metal for remingtons (and remington clones) consists of 3-4 choices.

Chrome moly = Williams

Stainless = Sunny Hill ( much money and slightly wider so either tell Mcmillan or expect to inlet)

or Williams nickel plated

or another US company whose name escapes me that is new into the stainless market but which is a fair bit cruder than the other two.

For me I'd pay the xtra £150 and get the Sunny Hill if it's stainless.

One of Us
Picture of Tapper2
posted Hide Post
If you go to "medium bore rifles" and then go to ".338 Edge" you will see one I built on a Predator action......Tom

Off to Namibia, wednesday.....Yeah!

SCI lifer
NRA Patron
DRSS
DSC

Posts: 654 | Location: Denver, Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave Kiff of PT&G makes a superior bottom metal.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote