Find
Notify
Tools

Rifles Inc Strata - Bipod?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bhtkevin
posted
Do any of you guys have a Strata with a bipod on it? I pulled my Harris out but there was no way it was going to fit.

You can see the weird angle at the front here. I am afraid to put a hole in the stock to add a mount and I havent heard back from Rifles Inc yet.

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love Lex Webernick's rifles, I've had them in 300 WM, 340 WBY, and still have my Safari in 460 Guns & Ammo. I'm sure Lex will tell you to just make a hole where you want it in the forend, taking care not to bore deep enough the reach the barrel channel. Select a sling stud that is a bit larger then your drill bit. I might put a dab of fiberglass resin in the hole before I put in the stud just to make it snug.

Nice rifle...what caliber is yours?

Posts: 20103 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bhtkevin
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I guess I could always go shooting off a pack, but Im not sure if thats more or less accurate. Practice will tell me, hah. I havent even got a chance to shoot it yet (deciding/shopping for the scope) but its a 270WSM. Should be taking it on an Ibex hunt and hopefully more mountain hunts in the future.

Here is my actual rifle

One of Us
Picture of bhtkevin
posted Hide Post
For the scope i am trying to decide between something like a Swarovski Z5 3.8-18, Z3 3-12 or something more affordable in the conquest line. I like the BT on the Z5/Z3 and the Z5 range should work for any hunting on the planet. Up until now all of my scopes have been Zeiss Conquest so its hard to change brands!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. The 270 WSM is one of the best calibers for a a LW mountain rifle. Plenty of punch, flat trajectory, and moderate recoil in a light rifle.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Zeiss Conquests are great have a bunch my self.
You may want to look at the Trijicons I have them also great glass very dependable scope.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote